Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 22, 2014, 01:20:15 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.8.7 Beta - Sep 19, 2014  (Read 221541 times)
OldElmerFudd
Charter Member

Bite-sized trouble

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2009, 10:16:36 PM »

Thanks!

I've been trying it a little, but I'm trying to make dinner at the same time! The size of the chm file explains a lot.

2 penny Ron

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code is a violent psychopath and knows where you live.
surftwo
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »

help I can't capture a scrolling window I'm using chrome maybe thats the problem.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »

i just tried scrolling window capture in chrome and it worked, but it was REALLY REALLY slow.. i'll see if i can speed it up and maybe in the process ill end up fixing the problem you had.
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »

Never been able to get a scrolling window with Screenshot Captor. That's the only reason I also run Snagit.

I always thought the problem was specific to my system but I have seen a few others now.

WinXP Pro SP2, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 2200.0 MHz, nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT w/ 512 MBytes of GDDR3 SDRAM. Anything look similar??

Thanks!

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2009, 10:29:42 PM »

does everyone know the way it works, you hit ctrl+shift+prtscr, then you move the red box into the browser frame, then you ctrl+shift+click.
J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2009, 10:43:25 PM »

does everyone know the way it works, you hit ctrl+shift+prtscr, then you move the red box into the browser frame, then you ctrl+shift+click.

Oh, I know how to do it. But on my box while SSC is ostensibly capturing and slowly trying to scroll, the SSC screen flashes a lot; a real lot, and I mean it really flashes. Disrupts the display for every other function on this computer. So I can't get the capture finished and I can't run anything else at all. I think the longest I waited is a little under 15 minutes. I finally gave up for good. BTW, I have to end the process to stop it and I usually end up rebooting also.

Thank you.

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »

FYI, here are two other occasions where I reported this:

In December 2007:     http://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11312.msg92920#msg92920

And in July 2008:     http://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=14027.msg121297#msg121297

And on at least one occasion, mouser, you said that you had found the problem. Never got fixed here though.

Thank you.

Jim

nsp6
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2009, 01:03:21 AM »

Hi Mouser,
Menu Icon make SC cleaner  Thmbsup
I was looking for new graphical feature "did you add some?"

For Website snapshot, i do not use SC as it is too slow or the result is defective... I can advise another freeware that really do the job of capturing a web page (unfortunately from an url). Nirsoft Site Shoter
argv
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2009, 01:40:03 AM »

Hi Mouser

I cannot find any more the option to disable the PostCapture dialog. The Options button is tagged with "Disable this dialog here" but where is the checkbox to really disable it?

Regards
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2009, 01:53:11 AM »

it's not very clear i admit, but it's top left of the Interface Options tab:

J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2009, 02:04:04 AM »

(see attachment in previous post)

Whoa - mine doesn't look like that!? Is that how your Preferences dialog looks?

Jim

TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2009, 02:13:15 AM »

Mine looks like that, so I guess you haven't got the latest version, J-Mac...
argv
Supporting Member

« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2009, 02:58:25 AM »

Ok, I got it; I was looking in the Post Capture options because is that category which is selected when clicking on the Options button

Thanks!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2009, 08:00:30 PM »

Another quick update, mainly bugfixes:

v2.56.01 - May 21st, 2009
  • Cursor was not being captured in object/region modes
  • New program icon (thanks Hamradio!)
  • Adding hotkey shortcuts to mouseover hints on SC toolbar buttons.
  • Redbox object capture could sometimes capture the red borders.
  • Sort by date of thumbnail panel was failing on users who have file extensions hidden.
  • Sorting in details mode now works and user can sort on any column.
  • Maybe fixed a problem with SC hanging after capture on rare occasions.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »

wow, first icons in the menu and now new program icon - very chic! btw, the sorting works fine - both in thumbnails and details view.

thanks again, mouser & hamradio too. Thmbsup

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2009, 03:26:34 AM »

maybe the red box should have only 'Ctrl+Shift+click for autoscroll cap' and 'Shift+click for region mode', dropping the 'Ctrl+click' to capture'. this way only the basic info is presented to the user.

surftwo
Participant

« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2009, 09:38:12 AM »

Help I can't get the autoscroll feature to work,  can't capture a scrolling window.  What am I missing here
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2009, 09:43:11 AM »

what program are you trying to capture a scrolling window of?
surftwo
Participant

« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »

I am using IE or Yahoo browser and am trying to capture a web page.  any web page which has a scroll bar etc.
surftwo
Participant

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2009, 11:20:20 AM »

I can use mini cap which captures a scrolling window.  But Screenshot captor doesn't work.
surftwo
Participant

« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2009, 12:09:53 PM »

Hey fixed the problem I re-installed the program works fine now.
fxmaxony
Participant

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2009, 12:35:43 PM »

just new to the forum and donationcoder, and got the captor, very interesting
fredgaou
Participant

« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2009, 07:50:01 AM »

For Website snapshot, i do not use SC as it is too slow or the result is defective... I can advise another freeware that really do the job of capturing a web page (unfortunately from an url). Nirsoft Site Shoter

Even easier, use firefox and an extension named Screengrab.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2009, 08:14:54 AM »

The big addition here is support for tool "packs" as described here.  I've included one for the great ColorCop tool.

v2.57.01 - June 27th, 2009
  • Carriage return characters in filename (from variable field replacements) were causing file save errors; now converted to underscores.
  • Used HamRadio's new icons for system tray.
  • You can now specify separators in your custom tool configuration by using - as the title.
  • You can now create external .sctool tool configuration files.
  • Added new filename actions for external tool launching that forces files saved with no objects (and re-adds object after).
  • If you use the %fileplain% field when launching tools now, it will pass the image file without objects, and continually reload it and add back objects when it changes.
Rocketboy
Participant

« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2009, 07:36:31 AM »

Humm, I just installed, and now when I try to start screenshot captor, all I get is a window with the windows white X in a red circle.  This was an update from the previous version.  Uninstalling, deleting the directory, and reinstalling didn't work either.

I'd add a screenshot, but well, errr...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:44:48 AM by Rocketboy » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0.03 ]