ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Patch to Disable ACL access-control-lists

<< < (3/7) > >>

mraeryceos:
Awaiting a miracle...

x16wda:
I have a feeling that setacl.exe could probably do what you want with regard to the file system and registry.  (The link is to the documentation, which you would surely want.)  There is also a GUI version that is a free trial for 30 days.  I did a little scripting with setacl.exe years ago and I recall being very careful in exactly what I asked it to do...

Of course I would suggest getting a very good backup of your system before applying anything.  Two copies on different devices.  And testing a full restore ahead of time.  ;)

mraeryceos:
Been there, done that. I want to kill the ACL permanently.   :P

setacl -on c:\ -ot file -actn setowner -ownr "n:S-1-1-0;s:y" -rec cont_obj ; set owner EVERYONE (both this step and following step required, I guess because you need ownership first, before changing ACL)
setacl -on c:\ -ot file -actn setowner -ownr "n:S-1-0-0;s:y" -actn clear -clr "dacl,sacl" -actn ace -ace "n:s-1-1-0;p:full;s:y;i:so,sc;m:set" -actn setprot -op "dacl:np;sacl:np" -actn rstchldrn -rst "dacl,sacl" -rec cont_obj -ignoreerr ; set owner NULL SID, set full access to EVERYONE

x16wda:
OK.  Looks thorough for the file system, did you make the comparable modifications to the registry permissions?

That said, I don't think it is possible to force Windows to just skip the acl check completely, is that what you're asking?

mraeryceos:
Yes, that is what I'm asking.  I'm asking for someone to create a patch for system files, if there is no microsoft secret way.  I never got to the Registry part with SetACL.  I just know that Windows will change some things back, so I wanted something more thorough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version