ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do you Suffer from Computer Anger Management - How do you handle it?

(1/6) > >>

mouser:
I know this isn't strictly a computer issue, but i have serious computer anger/frustration management issues.
i get so frustrated with a programming bug or issue that i feel like i am losing my mind and the slightest inconvenience seems to set me over the edge.

Anyone have any tips to beating this affliction?
How do you handle it?

I generally curse and scream like mad and once had the neighbors come over thinking i was assaulting someone.  I had to explain I was just a programmer.

But I don't really like getting so mad and aggravated and I'm looking for a solution.

Rover:
Oh please make sure you post if you find one.   :P

I had to write a fairly complex program as a job interview... I was given two weeks and invented some colorful new curses during that time.   :o     Then I got the job and eventually invented a few more...  maybe that's why I stopped programming... ;)

Redhat:
I think the answer may be to have some kind of action-plan in place for when you come across something frustrating  :Thmbsup:

In life, I get very frustrated, and angry at myself for some reasons (probably not best to go into here...) which actually have a severe effect on my mental state..

The way I deal with it, is by having a plan-of-action (written, if you want!) where if I feel the anger building, I immediately - STOP - and look after myself. Meditation is the normal for me, oriental music with incense and just relaxing - it's perfect for me! Some may call me whacky, and I'm sure the docs would agree  :D

Most of all, remember a program seems insignificant when you consider there are more things that are significantly more worthy of stress  :Thmbsup:

Cpilot:
One word,

Beer 

Works for me.
 ;D

Carol Haynes:
Easy to say - hard to do .... go and do something else for a while that demands your full attention ... preferably physical.

Hanging off rock climbs (either real cliffs or climbing walls) focuses the mind and lets you swear at something else for a while!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version