topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Secure Screensaver  (Read 3161 times)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Secure Screensaver
« on: May 03, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Hi there!
I'm looking for a screensaver for my computer with a few "special" things about it. I'd like a screensaver that would turn my computer into one of those computers you see in stores, where you can access the web and such.
Mostly, i'd like it to be a screemsaver that would allow me to have it locked, but not make the computer completelly unusable, so that if i needed, i could still do a fast web search, while not having to unlock the computer. But at the same time, i'd need this screensaver to be safe, so that noone could see my computer's files.

Anyone knows of such app?

ps: i need such app because i live with 3 guys, and we always have people at home, and i prefer to keep my stuff private. (i specially don't want them messing with my computer's "delicate" organization)

jdd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Secure Screensaver
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 07:16 PM »
jgpaiva,

I'm not familiar with the screen saver option but another way would be to create a virtual destop wth just the browser accessible, and another password protected desktop with everything else.  It would require virtual desktop software to set up. 

See aslo https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2485.0?ref=nl for more information on this software.

jdd