ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sStockQuote

<< < (5/9) > >>

mthadley:
Great little stock tracking app!!

Would be terrific if the Market Capitalization column (extended tab) took into account M (million) vs B (billion) when sorting

Would also be helpful to show currency (for stocks on non-US markets)

skwire:
Hi mthadley, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

Would be terrific if the Market Capitalization column (extended tab) took into account M (million) vs B (billion) when sorting-mthadley (January 31, 2014, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've tried all the sort options available to me and, not suprisingly, none of them will sort that way.

Would also be helpful to show currency (for stocks on non-US markets)-mthadley (January 31, 2014, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

As I mentioned before, I know very little about the stock market so I'm not quite sure what you're asking for.  sStockQuote gets its data using the method found here: http://www.gummy-stuff.org/Yahoo-data.htm.  If you can correlate the data bits you want with the codes in that table, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

superboyac:
This is awesome.  But don't let bloomberg hear about this!

skwire:
This is awesome.  But don't let bloomberg hear about this!-superboyac (January 31, 2014, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks much, superboy.  Based on how little sStockQuote actually does in terms of stocks and portfolio stuff, I'm rather surprised by the amount of positive feedback that it gets.  I mean, is there really a derth of apps that do what sStockQuote does?  I'd like to think there are many, much more capable stock apps out there.  Again, I know jack squat about stocks and the stock market so it's an honest question.

superboyac:
This is awesome.  But don't let bloomberg hear about this!-superboyac (January 31, 2014, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks much, superboy.  Based on how little sStockQuote actually does in terms of stocks and portfolio stuff, I'm rather surprised by the amount of positive feedback that it gets.  I mean, is there really a derth of apps that do what sStockQuote does?  I'd like to think there are many, much more capable stock apps out there.  Again, I know jack squat about stocks and the stock market so it's an honest question.
-skwire (January 31, 2014, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
My opinion...it's more of a case of the people that would really use this are the kind of people that would have no problem throwing a ton of money for the bloomberg machines.  It's an industry with a lot of confidentiality, lots of specialized (expensive) software, etc.  They don't really care about the fact that their hardware/software is more expensive than it should be.  And most of the people using it are not tech geeks at all and doing their best to keep up with the competition.

But the bloomberg machines are just regular computers with a custom colorful keyboard and the special bloomberg software.  you can't buy them, you can only rent them for $5000 a month.  It's the most genius business plan i have ever seen.  If their software was for sale, you can easily just buy a regular computer, install their software, and it would be the same thing...maybe buy one of those keyboards with the led keys you can customize to your liking.

But times are a changing...i wonder if software like yours might be useful for really tiny shops ( a few people handling small portfolios) that wouldn't be able to justify bloomberg machines.  i can see that happening.  It's actually an interesting idea, i'd like to run it past one of my hedge fund buddies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version