ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > PBOL

Latest Progress Bars of Life - Version 2.03 - May 16, 2014

<< < (8/12) > >>

kate.rina24:

:Thmbsup:
 :-*

dr_andus:

* [Feature] When the start time is in the future, gauges now display the time until start.-mouser (May 16, 2014, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that an option or a default feature? I prefer it the old way. So I'd rather not install the new version, if the previous setting would be lost.

mouser:
Not an option, but i can make it one.
Can you help me understand why you would want it to behave the original way?

dr_andus:
Can you help me understand why you would want it to behave the original way?
-mouser (May 17, 2014, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

E.g. if I'm working on a project consisting of several parts (such as several chapters of a book to write), then I can set up each chapter as a bar with its start date and end date, and it's the end date that matters to me to be displayed in each. Why? Because if I overrun with chapter 1, it's more valuable for me to see when chapter 2 is due, rather than seeing that I should have already begun it. I know I'm late, so it doesn't help me to see a start date that's no longer relevant. However, the due date for chapter 2 hasn't changed yet, so that's still relevant information.

With the previous version (that I still use), if I overrun Chapter 1, its bar would display in red that "8 days past due (May 09, 2014)," and the next bar would say Chapter 2 "11 days remaining (May 28, 2014)" in green, so it does tell me I'm late but it also tells me how much time I have left for the next chapter, with its due date clearly displayed.

mouser:
Ok that's helpful.

From the description i can't quite tell if the new method will be better for you, but it's now an option, so it's safe for you to upgrade (the option is for each item, where you set the start+end dates).

Let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version