ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bing Delivers 5X As Many Malicious Websites As Google

(1/3) > >>

kyrathaba:

http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/security/310268-bing-delivers-five-times-as-many-malicious-websites-as-google

Searches on Bing returned five times more links to malicious websites than Google searches, according to an 18-month study from German independent testing lab AV-Test. Though search engines have worked to suppress malicious results, the study concluded that malware infested websites still appear in their top results.

The study looked at nearly 40 million websites provided by seven different search engines...

Doing some quick arithmetic, it looks like the chance of a Googler hitting malware is about one in 40,118.
--- End quote ---

Tinman57:

So the lesson here is, don't use Bing and don't use GoOgle.  I have software and secure DNS servers that has prevented me from going to infected websites on several occasions, and I'm talking about some well known websites.  Once I was blocked from going to an infected page on PcWorld, and a few days later PcWorld announced that some of their pages were hacked with malware.  Nowwhodathunkit?   ;D

As far as search engines, DuckDuckGo, Blekko, BlackBoxSearch and DogPile are some good ones that don't track you.   8)

TaoPhoenix:
  As far as search engines, DuckDuckGo, Blekko, BlackBoxSearch and DogPile are some good ones that don't track you.   8)
-Tinman57 (April 12, 2013, 07:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice list. I have been using Startpage but I'm not so thrilled with their results. I'll have to try a couple of those.

Tinman57:
-Tinman57 (April 12, 2013, 07:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice list. I have been using Startpage but I'm not so thrilled with their results. I'll have to try a couple of those.
-TaoPhoenix (April 13, 2013, 12:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I normally use DuckDuckGo.  It's fast and has absolutely NO ADS!  Blekko is really good too, and only has ONE AD, and it's at the bottom of the page.  lol

cyberdiva:
I used to use DuckDuckGo, but I found that it didn't find a surprising number of relevent sites that Bing and Google found.  I switched to Bing, but I often have to use Google, since it finds a lot of stuff that I'm looking for that I don't find on Bing.  I wish I could be more specific, but I no longer recall the details.  However, it happened often enough so that I now use Google a lot more.   :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version