ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Problems after you install Microsoft's security update 2823324

(1/10) > >>

40hz:
Posting this as an FYI.

Got my first call from a client about this problem yesterday. She had a laptop that wouldn't restart following the installation of a security update from Microsoft's WSUS that was included in a group of updates made available on 9-APR-2013.

Microsoft is aware of the problem and has posted instructions on how to fix it here. The symptoms, as described by Microsoft, are as follows:

You receive an Event ID 55 or a 0xc000021a Stop error in Windows 7 after you install security update 2823324
Article ID: 2839011

Symptoms

Microsoft is investigating behavior where systems may not recover from a restart, or applications cannot load, after security update 2823324 is applied. We recommend that customers uninstall this update. As an added precaution, Microsoft has removed the download links to the 2823324 update while we investigate.
--- End quote ---

Only got one call so far. Fingers crossed. :-\

app103:
I think that may be the wrong link to the instructions.  :-\

40hz:
I think that may be the wrong link to the instructions.  :-\
-app103 (April 12, 2013, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thx April. Apologies. Fixed now. :-[

tomos:
Thanks for the warning 40 :up:
Luckily they worked fine here (Win.7 64bit)

40hz:
^Yeah. All of mine were ok, and I only got one call so far so I'm optimistic it's an oddball problem.

Microsoft also pulled the patch until they figure out what the problem is. My client had her machine set to "download and notify" but not install. Unfortunately, she downloaded the patch before it got pulled - but then installed it yesterday - after the fact. That was the part that threw me.

So it goes. (And it's all billable time!) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version