ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

REQ: HTPC Util - Hide Desktop for x seconds while program is being executed.

<< < (5/5)

4wd:
Thanks..I've grabbed it and will give it a try but if I understand you right it's an all or nothing setting?  Why not let a /wait parm or something be added so the user could have one application wait while another does not?-famewolf (May 06, 2015, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Since you need one .ini file per application and the Wait parameter is set in that .ini file according to what you want, it's not an all or nothing setting.

The setting applies according to what it is set for, for that particular execution.  One .ini could have Wait=True, the next could be Wait=False.

It's not waiting the 10 seconds......-famewolf (May 07, 2015, 03:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

The timeout period is only used if the executed program' process can not be opened to check for a wait idle state.

In your case, the MCE process can be opened to check its state, thus the Timeout period is redundant.  MCE' process then indicates that it's ready to accept input so BlankIt closes its screen and swaps to MCE.

Timeout is the maximum time in seconds the blank screen will be displayed if the Process.WaitForIdleInput fails or the program has no GUI.
--- End quote ---

To solve the flash of Desktop before switching to MCE, I'll switch it around to swap to MCE first and then close its screen, (BlankIt not MCE).  Might work.

Do you want the BlankIt screen to display for a specific period as set by Timeout, (I could add an Override option to the .ini file so that it overrides the default of checking the process).

If there is a flash of Desktop before BlankIt kicks in, then I think that might be caused by the program that's calling BlankIt momentarily dropping to the Desktop to run a DOS command.

I've got no way to test all this, so you're the guinea pig  ;D

famewolf:
After a few more checks there is a brief flash of the desktop both before and after the loading mce... black screen...ideally that screen would stay up for at least a few seconds to cover the "transition" and then fade to show MCE already loaded.   Happy to be the guinea pig!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version