ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help Wanted: Develop A Beautiful Desktop RSS Reader

<< < (2/2)

Shades:
Although I do not like to associate (any kind of) religion with my person, I do have to admit that Kabbalah has one thing right. 80% of all the problems you encounter in life are your own fault.

Not wanting to sound too much as a self-help guru, but fixing your own flaws either dissolve these problems or make them much more manageable. Besides, if you cannot take a look in a mirror and have a good laugh about that meets you...you are taking things way too seriously.

40hz:
Although I do not like to associate (any kind of) religion with my person, I do have to admit that Kabbalah has one thing right. 80% of all the problems you encounter in life are your own fault.

Not wanting to sound too much as a self-help guru, but fixing your own flaws either dissolve these problems or make them much more manageable. Besides, if you cannot take a look in a mirror and have a good laugh about that meets you...you are taking things way too seriously.
-Shades (April 02, 2013, 09:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree.

Here are two old Zen stories that illustrate it beautifully:

Muddy Road

Tanzan and Ekido were once travelling together down a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling.

Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection.

"Come on, girl," said Tanzan at once. Lifting her in his arms, he carried her over the mud.

Ekido did not speak again until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Then he no longer could restrain himself.
"We monks don't go near females," he told Tanzan, "especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?"

"I left the girl back there," said Tanzan. "Why are you still carrying her?"

The Gates of Paradise

A soldier named Nobushige came to Hakuin, and asked: "Is there really a paradise and a hell?"

"Who are you?" inquired Hakuin.

"I am a samurai," the warrior replied.

"You, a soldier!" exclaimed Hakuin. "What kind of ruler would have you as his guard? Your face looks like that of a beggar."

Nobushige became so angry that he began to draw his sword, but Hakuin continued: "So you have a sword! Your weapon is probably much too dull to cut off my head."

As Nobushige drew his sword Hakuin remarked: "Here open the gates of hell!"

At these words the samurai, perceiving the master's discipline, sheathed his sword and bowed.

"Here open the gates of paradise," said Hakuin.
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
I think that siouxdax posted in the wrong thread... then the whole thread went off on a very different tangent LOL

KynloStephen66515:
lol yeah, I was thinking the same when siouxdax said "OP Here", when they clearly are not OP, and if they was...why do they have one supporter account, and one participant account...didn't make sense to me :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version