ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

thunderbird alternative

(1/8) > >>

kalos:
hello

it's time for me to goodbye Thunderbird, since it gives me all the time "operation not succeeded" errors (due to the large amount of email accounts and emails? due to something else? not sure)

can you suggest me a robust 100% yahoo/gmail web-mail-compatible alternative, feature rich as Thunderbird?

it must be able to easily and quickly handle laaaarge amount of data

thanks!

Tuxman:
Yes.

cyberdiva:
can you suggest me a robust 100% yahoo/gmail web-mail-compatible alternative, feature rich as Thunderbird?
-kalos (April 01, 2013, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

You might take a look at PostBox at http://postbox-inc.com/index.php.  There's a lot that will look familiar to Thunderbird users, and it claims to be what you're looking for.  For $9.95, you can hardly go wrong (and of course you can try it for free for 30 days).

Shades:
Foxmail, originates from China, but don't hold that against it. It is definitely a decent piece of software. I myself used version 5 of it for quite some time with 7 mail accounts that each received a relative big amount of messages (50+) daily and that version at least didn't choke on that.

I don't know if that is sufficient for your needs. Ah well, it's free and there is even a portable version you can download. I see also that it even can hook up with an Exchange server as well. Might be interesting to try it again, as I am not satisfied with the search capabilities from Thunderbird lately.

Ampa:
I've been a (relatively) happy user of the inbuilt mail client in Opera for many years, but with the recent announcement that Opera is re-engineering its browser to be a WebKit clone, it is uncertain which features will survive the migration…

As such I've been looking at other email clients. I never got on well with Outlook, The Bat  or Thunderbird but I have warmed to eM Client.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version