topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SpeedMaxPc - A really great money maker?  (Read 7754 times)

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SpeedMaxPc - A really great money maker?
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:01 AM »
 ;D  What a concept!  ;D

Create a product and sell it as a quick-fix to unsuspecting folks.  Then sit back and maybe collect compounded daily interest on the money that shouldn't be yours.

This is a follow-up to my SpeedMaxPc Refund Quest.  I did get my money back ... after 12 days of emails, back and forth, and an additional 10 days for my bank balance to show it.  That's 22 days SpeedMaxPc was probably earning interest on my money.   ;D

I had to be persistent though because their 30-day money back guarantee gets chewed up fast when it takes them 24 hours to answer your emails.  And, of course, they don't want to refund your money ... so they waste a few trying to *figure out your problem*.

So I guess this was a Quasi-Scam?   ;D

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SpeedMaxPc - A really great money maker?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 07:04 PM »
  I guess if they can make at least 22 days of interest on peoples money, it's well worth the effort.....  But like I've said for years and years, "There's no truth in advertising in the U.S.A."

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:56 AM »
  I guess if they can make at least 22 days of interest on peoples money, it's well worth the effort.....  But like I've said for years and years, "There's no truth in advertising in the U.S.A."

I agree, most advertising can't be taken at face value, especially in the US.  And as far as being worth the effort?  I don't think I received any reply emails from a live person.  The wording in all 5 responses seemed to be pre-scripted.  And they didn't appear to pertain to the email it was answering or just contained blanket-statements.  Like Horoscopes.   :huh:

Programmed replys would be a pretty easy one-time setup... wouldn't it?  With a trigger, after x-amount of emails from the sucker, to give a refund?  ;D

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:33 PM »

I agree, most advertising can't be taken at face value, especially in the US.  And as far as being worth the effort?  I don't think I received any reply emails from a live person.  The wording in all 5 responses seemed to be pre-scripted.  And they didn't appear to pertain to the email it was answering or just contained blanket-statements.  Like Horoscopes.   :huh:

Programmed replys would be a pretty easy one-time setup... wouldn't it?  With a trigger, after x-amount of emails from the sucker, to give a refund?  ;D 

I have gone round and round with companies using robo-scripts to answer emails.  Normally the script answers with something that totally has NOTHING to do with the problems or questions asked in the email to them.  FedEx is one of them.  I tested one such internet software company with an email full of profanity and sexual innuendos, and got a reply with all kinds of suggestions on how to fix the problem.   :huh:

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:07 AM »
"There's no truth in advertising in the U.S.A."

+1, absolutely!

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 01:59 PM »

I have gone round and round with companies using robo-scripts to answer emails.  Normally the script answers with something that totally has NOTHING to do with the problems or questions asked in the email to them.  FedEx is one of them.  I tested one such internet software company with an email full of profanity and sexual innuendos, and got a reply with all kinds of suggestions on how to fix the problem.   :huh:

You referred to my pre-scripted emails as robo-scripts.  What's the 1-800 number version called ... robo-switchboards?   ;D  They're even more annoying and less helpful.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 07:56 PM »
You referred to my pre-scripted emails as robo-scripts.  What's the 1-800 number version called ... robo-switchboards?   ;D  They're even more annoying and less helpful. 

They call them "Automated Systems".  I've gone through quite a few of those that will take you into a constant loop without any chance of talking to a human being.   Some of them will have an option to talk to a human buried in several sub-levels, but when selected it either takes you to the beginning of the menu, hangs up on you after several clicking noises, or sends you off to India to a customer service person with little understanding of the English language reading from some kind of script.
  I have a listing of "Codes" that bypasses the automated system on hundreds of popular companies and corporations, but it's quite old and most likely the codes have been changed.....

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 07:00 AM »
Getting the run-around and no promised refund? Go straight to your credit card company or Paypal, whichever one you used to pay for it. Tell them the problem and let them handle it.

It was a loooong time ago, but I once had a similar circumstance and the company actually did respond and told me they wouldn't give me a refund because they felt the issue was my computer and not their software (blame bugs on the user?)

Well, I called the credit card company and told them, and described the behavior of my computer when the bug was activated...in graphic detail...described it as acting like it had malware. (it did act that way!)

I got a prompt refund, direct from the credit card company. Paypal will also issue similar refunds if you can not get the other party to deliver one himself.

NOTE: Never do this to acquire free software. Reserve this for the companies that won't play fair. Only use this to go over their heads and force them to do what they should have done.

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 10:50 AM »
Getting the run-around and no promised refund? Go straight to your credit card company or Paypal, whichever one you used to pay for it. Tell them the problem and let them handle it.

It was a loooong time ago, but I once had a similar circumstance and the company actually did respond and told me they wouldn't give me a refund because they felt the issue was my computer and not their software (blame bugs on the user?)

Well, I called the credit card company and told them, and described the behavior of my computer when the bug was activated...in graphic detail...described it as acting like it had malware. (it did act that way!)

I got a prompt refund, direct from the credit card company. Paypal will also issue similar refunds if you can not get the other party to deliver one himself.

NOTE: Never do this to acquire free software. Reserve this for the companies that won't play fair. Only use this to go over their heads and force them to do what they should have done.

I did get my money back.   :)

I knew I could complain to my credit card company but I wouldn't have.  I would've just added it to my bad-decisions list.  Why not report it?

Primary Reason:  I've been saving this option for when I make a really, really bad decision, dollar amount wise, because I don't want to be put on their s**t-list.

Most larger companies have 'em.  It's somewhat similar to what (US) auto insurance companies do, when you're involved in a accident; that wasn't your fault, they jack your rates.  :(

Second:  It was only 29.97 USD.  For someone, like myself, this isn't too much to pay for a bad decision.

And Third:  I was actually wondering how many, non-abusive, refund-requests they would reply to.   ;D

Their sixth response contained the Magic Formula.   8)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:57 AM by crabby3, Reason: typo »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 04:30 PM »
Primary Reason:  I've been saving this option for when I make a really, really bad decision, dollar amount wise, because I don't want to be put on their s**t-list.

Most larger companies have 'em.  It's somewhat similar to what (US) auto insurance companies do, when you're involved in a accident; that wasn't your fault, they jack your rates.  :(

Now there's a good reason to have multiple credit cards, if I ever saw one.  ;)

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 09:37 AM »
Primary Reason:  I've been saving this option for when I make a really, really bad decision, dollar amount wise, because I don't want to be put on their s**t-list.

Most larger companies have 'em.  It's somewhat similar to what (US) auto insurance companies do, when you're involved in a accident; that wasn't your fault, they jack your rates.  :(

Now there's a good reason to have multiple credit cards, if I ever saw one.  ;)

Actually I have 1 bank debit card... not a real credit card.  ;D  Never believed in spending money I don't have yet. 

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 06:54 PM »
Actually I have 1 bank debit card... not a real credit card.  ;D  Never believed in spending money I don't have yet. 

Debit cards are just too darned dangerous, I refuse to have one.  I've seen peoples bank accounts drained, and banks don't insure debit card transactions like credit cards do.  At least none that I've come across.....