ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (174/182) > >>

holt:
Cloak & Dagger (1984 film)
An adorable film about a lonely and troubled boy who lives in an imaginary world in which his own real father -Dabney Coleman- plays a secret agent visible only to the boy.

tomos:
Binge watched these two lately:
Outlander 2013
Vikings 2014 (imdb links)

both start impressively, interesting to be confronted with such different worlds.
The main character in Vikings is intriguing: Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel), although it took me a good while to get used to (and not annoyed by) the eternal half-smile he has on his lips.
Floki (Gustaf SkarsgÄrd) is a great character, the unpredictable jester.
It lost steam, I can remember when exactly, I gave up on it sometime in the third season.

Outlander got very tiresome in season two (meaningless intrigue looking for meaning).
Third season going well, currently at episode 6 of 13.

Both fairly quickly started using flawed plot lines -- things that were unbelievable to me, or simply didn't make sense. I dunno, I guess they get too bogged down in the huge act of making something like this and forget about the details.

holt:
Is Paris Burning? (1966) Book and movie. Hitler ordered Paris to be burned, and the top German general had an inner battle with his own conscience whether to follow orders or not. Some rare actual war footage skillfully blended into this historic extra-long movie.

holt:
Bastille Day (2016)

holt:
Unbroken (2014)
Opens with very realistic B-24 WWII bombing run, and fairly decent treatment, nicely lacking in the usual Hollywood war flick absurdities.
Directed by Angelina Jolie.

Marnie (1964) with a cameo appearance at the beginning by Alfred Hitchcock, who Produced it.
An awesome psychological thriller starring Tippi Hedren and Sean Connery.

Ghost Recon Alpha - Official HD Film
Intense 23:57 of live action game play or game intro (like continuous cutscenes w/o actual hands-on game play).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version