ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (160/182) > >>

Deozaan:
To be fair, the first two Thor movies played it straight and were just not good. So I guess it's an improvement that at least Ragnarok was funny and entertaining.

I felt GotG2 suffered from many things, but not the humor. With the exception that Drax, who it was established in the first film didn't understand humor and sarcasm, was the one cracking all the jokes and laughing all the time, which seemed very out of character. (I felt that many of the characters acted out of character in 2.) So in that sense, and in those instances, the humor fell flat in my opinion. But otherwise, I came into it expecting a lot of humor, since the first was so funny.

mouser:
For the record I loved Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and thought the humor was perfect.  And I liked #2 as well, though not as much.

wraith808:
To be fair, the first two Thor movies played it straight and were just not good. So I guess it's an improvement that at least Ragnarok was funny and entertaining.

I felt GotG2 suffered from many things, but not the humor. With the exception that Drax, who it was established in the first film didn't understand humor and sarcasm, was the one cracking all the jokes and laughing all the time, which seemed very out of character. (I felt that many of the characters acted out of character in 2.) So in that sense, and in those instances, the humor fell flat in my opinion. But otherwise, I came into it expecting a lot of humor, since the first was so funny.
-Deozaan (February 11, 2018, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
I actually liked the first one best as a movie, just not the pacing. I never saw the second for anything other than what everyone ekse was saying which colored my views, but I couldn't get past that in order to formulate my own opinion.

Deozaan:
I actually liked the first one best as a movie, just not the pacing. I never saw the second for anything other than what everyone ekse was saying which colored my views, but I couldn't get past that in order to formulate my own opinion.
-wraith808 (February 11, 2018, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you talking about the Thor movies, or the Guardians movies? And I'm not sure what "everyone else was saying" about it, so I don't know exactly what you mean, but it sounds like it wasn't good.

wraith808:
Thor.  And critics and basically everyone that I talked to about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version