ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (154/182) > >>

panzer:
Alien 1,2,3
Three Days of the Condor
Chinatown
Galaxy Quest

panzer:
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
Brawl in Cell Block 99

Shades:
Brawl in Cell Block 99. That was not a movie I would expect Vince Vaughn to star in. But I found it worked well with him as lead. Not your run-of-the-mill action flick, that is for sure.

MilesAhead:
Three Days of the Condor
-panzer (November 20, 2017, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent flick.  I thought Max Von Sydow stole the show.  Also the book it is based on, Five Days of the Condor, is a good read.  They chopped off two days to make the film move along faster I suppose.   :P

mwb1100:
Junction (apparently also called Hostage)

This was a surprisingly good film, but fair warning: it's a dark film.  Not perfect by any means, but I thought the portrayal of the 4 meth addicts who were the main characters was really good. I thought the actors did a good job of showing the conflict their characters had (for the most part) about doing the right thing at each decision point, but weren't able to - sometimes because of the calling of their addiction but sometimes for other reasons.

It was a nice surprise that the involvement of the police in the movie didn't turn out to take the path that I was expecting the movie to take with it.

I wasn't a fan of the ending, but overall I was glad I watched the movie.  Even if it's not a movie that made me feel good.

I watched it a while back on Amazon. I'm not sure where else it's available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version