ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (148/182) > >>

wraith808:
Just watched Hacksaw Ridge.  Very good movie, and incredible man (Desmond T. Doss).  It's very gory, and I think very realistic in what you'd see on a battlefield, so I will give that warning.

Rotten Tomatoes
IMDB

40hz:
The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Vanished...

Based on the internationally best-selling novel by Jonas Jonasson, the unlikely story of a 100-year-old man who decides it's not too late to start over. For most people it would be the adventure of a lifetime, but Allan Karlsson's unexpected journey is not his first. For a century he's made the world uncertain, and now he is on the loose again.

--- End quote ---

It's got explosions, Russians, Einstein, the atomic bomb, skinhead killers, nursing homes...and an elephant. Who could ask for more?

It's currently running on Netflix. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

tomos:
The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Vanished...
-40hz (April 01, 2017, 02:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

The Hundred-and-one Year Old Man is showing in cinemas here in Germany atm.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4940370
Haven't seen either film, but read the first book, knowing very little about it beforehand: it was a real surprise, and great fun.

mouser:
We watched the following two anime movies this weekend:

Kimi no Na wa (aka "Your Name"):
https://www.funimationfilms.com/movie/yourname/

Paprika:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851578/

Both really excellent.  The first very sweet and beautiful but with some clever stuff.  The second much more "experimental" but amazingly animated and inventive.

nosh:
I watched Dirty Dancing years back and remember finding it enjoyable, I decided to watch it again this weekend and HOLY SHIT - I was blown away by how emotional the movie made me! Maybe part of it had something to do with nostalgia but I really enjoyed it. It's amazing how time changes the way you perceive things. BTW, they're remaking it (again!) this year as a TV movie with Abigail Breslin. Sorry, but I just don't see anyone replacing Swayze and Jennifer Grey.
Movies you've seen lately

I also binge watched both seasons of the Italian Mafia drama "Gomorra - La serie" - top notch stuff, if you enjoyed the Sopranos or The Wire I highly recommend you watch it. The series has made the IMDB Top 250 TV list, season 3 is expected to premiere this year in Europe, US is a season behind IIRC. Also IIRC, it's currently available on Netflix.

A side-note to avoid some spoiler grief when it comes to TV series... this was brought up on Reddit by someone a few days back but it has been a pet peeve of mine for a while. When looking up a TV series on IMDB do not scroll down on the main landing page for that series, IMDB lists the number of episode each actor stars in so it's kind of a giveaway when you notice that every actor starred in 12 episodes but the one you're looking up just did 10. They probably met their maker in Ep. 10.  ;D
Instead, click on the season number and look up the specific episode you just watched.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version