Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • January 19, 2017, 02:58:59 AM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Movies you've seen lately  (Read 162390 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Movies you've seen lately
« Reply #700 on: January 10, 2017, 01:51:20 PM »
^ following up on 'Arrival', Contact & Interstellar were suggested to me:

Contact is dated, poorly made & filmed (imo), yet had a couple of very good/interesting phases.
Interstellar I just found tiresome -- I actually gave up on it. Most voice parts delivered in a sort of a monotone that just left me jaded.
EDIT//  Dunno, maybe I'll try Interstellar again sometime - it gets very good score on imdb
Tom
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:03:37 PM by tomos »

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #701 on: January 10, 2017, 02:08:30 PM »
Interstellar I just found tiresome -- I actually gave up on it. Most voice parts delivered in a sort of a monotone that just left me jaded.
EDIT//  Dunno, maybe I'll try Interstellar again sometime - it gets very good score on imdb

Hey tomos! Yes, try it again, it was one of the best movies I saw in the last 3 years. :) (Wouldn't have minded it being a bit shorter though. 8) ) And I just saw that it even entered IMDb's Top 250 (as #33).

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #702 on: January 13, 2017, 04:48:01 AM »
What We Become - Another zombie apocalypse type film this time from Denmark.

MV5BNTRmZjZhNTMtMTllMC00ZmRjLWJlZTEtZjFhZWIxYzQ1ZjNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIzMDczOTA@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpgMovies you've seen lately

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #703 on: January 13, 2017, 05:59:00 PM »
In a dark room, watching on a tablet, using earphones, (starts to make you imagine what lies beyond the glare of the LCD and what small sounds you're missing), and at a time well passed midnight, I watched two of the most iconic figures of horror in the last 10 years: Sadako (Ring series); Kayako (Ju-on series)

Yes, it had to happen: Sadako v Kayako

MV5BYTdiYjFlNDItMmIxZi00OTY3LWFjZmItOWEwZTU4MDFmMTg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM5ODMxODc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,707,1000_AL_.jpgMovies you've seen lately

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #704 on: January 18, 2017, 02:55:24 PM »

Hey tomos! Yes, try it again, it was one of the best movies I saw in the last 3 years. :) (Wouldn't have minded it being a bit shorter though. 8) ) And I just saw that it even entered IMDb's Top 250 (as #33).

yes, saw the second half of it the same evening, well worth it :up:
Tom

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #705 on: January 18, 2017, 02:58:50 PM »
La La Land
the lack of chemistry between the two really took away from it for me
Tom

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • "In my dreams, I always do it right."
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #706 on: January 18, 2017, 04:40:22 PM »
La La Land

You mean Gosling and Stone?  I thought they had great chemistry.  It's amazing how multiple people can see the same movie, and have such wide-ranging differences in what they see.  I've heard them compared to the Golden Age greats.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #707 on: January 18, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »
La La Land

You mean Gosling and Stone?  I thought they had great chemistry.  It's amazing how multiple people can see the same movie, and have such wide-ranging differences in what they see.  I've heard them compared to the Golden Age greats.

I'm always conscious others may/will see it differently. So yeah, my take on it.
I thought they had great promise initially -- him being stroppy, her quirky. Maybe it just wasn't given enough time. I did enjoy the ending, thought that worked very well. It was in the main body of the film I thought the chemistry was lacking. I'm not big on the musical approach, so maybe that left me looking for too much elsewhere.
Some great melodies, songs, music though :up:
Tom