ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (133/182) > >>

panzer:
October Sky

wraith808:

I was surprised (nicely) by Zootopia, and even though the Secret Life of Pets was coming, I figured that Zootopia had it beat.  I was wrong.

Zootopia is a story about anthropomorphic animals in a city environment.  The Secret Life of Pets is about animals.  The latter is just funnier and more engaging, IMO.

Both are good and recommended, however.

MilesAhead:
(Nevermind.  For some reason I posted here instead of the books thread.  Must be a caffeine deficiency.  :)   )

Deozaan:
The Dark Fields by Alan Glynn-MilesAhead (July 22, 2016, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Was that meant for this thread?

holt:
I had a rather unique experience the other night, when I happened to find what I thought to be a perfectly 'normal' youtube copy of '13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi'; here. As the movie progressed, I discovered it had been mirror-reversed, which was fine with me. Then it dawned on me that everyone sounded hyper. The effect was so pronounced and yet at the same time so subtle, that it took me perhaps half the movie, maybe more, listening to everyone talk like caffeine addicts, to finally realize the film's playback had been sped up just a little bit. The men did not quite sound like they had inhaled helium, but the effect was eerily suggestive of it. The weird thing about it is, the speed-up is just enough so you notice it on a subliminal level, yet still close enough to normal speed as to fool your brain into accepting it as 'natural'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version