ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (132/182) > >>

MilesAhead:
Pi: Probably one of the best Sci fi movies Ive ever seen.
-AdrianMix (May 19, 2016, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I really liked that one, too!  :Thmbsup:
-app103 (May 20, 2016, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

The editing in that flick was very cool.  When the genius takes the pills.. those scenes reminded me of Roberto Benigni in Johnny Stecchino.  Every time he mentioned his gangster rival he did this sequence where he slapped his legs and wiped his shoes.  It just seems to have the same rhythm to it.  Pi is one of the coolest.  :Thmbsup:

IainB:
1 Giant Leap: What About Me?
I was talking with an ex-convict a while back, a Maori guy whom I occasionally met when we'd make a regular stop-off for a brief picnic at a park on our return from the "farmers' market" every Sunday. I would often be tucking into bananas and other fruit that we had bought, and would share with him. We'd usually discuss nothing in particular. One time though he mentioned this film and its music, and he said it was inspirational and that it had made him see life in a different way, and so I made a note of it. I got around to searching it up on the web tonight and found it and watched it online. It was a kind of documentary and probably a bit "once over lightly", but nevertheless I thought it well worth my watching, in retrospect. It reminded me of some philosophies - things I had already known, but had forgotten to think about lately - and it showed me some new aspects about these things, through the medium of music and video. Shades of the Deep Forest music and Paul Simon's work (Graceland) with S. African musicians. It was cleverly made, but maybe somewhat cynically commercial.

Director: Jamie Catto & Duncan Bridgeman | Producer: Jamie Catto & Duncan Bridgeman
Genre: Documentary | Produced In: 2008 | Story Teller's Country: United Kingdom
Tags:  Global, Health, Relationships, Spiritual Awareness

Synopsis: Through music and film, "1 Giant Leap" explores the universal complexities of human nature. Jamie Catto (Faithless co-founder) and Duncan Bridgeman set out on their journey recording musical jewels and words of wisdom with the cream of the world’s thinkers, writers and entertainers along the way. The duo traveled to the farthest corners of the planet, to ensure immense cultural diversity in this time capsule of humanity at its most inspirational.

Online video link: http://www.cultureunplugged.com/documentary/watch-online/filmedia/play/2424/1-Giant-Leap--What-About-Me

DVDs described here: http://www.elsewhere.co.nz/film/2019/1-giant-leap-what-about-me-border-dvd/

panzer:
Caddyshack
Deadpool

tomos:
Sing Street

A boy growing up in Dublin during the 1980s escapes his strained family life by starting a band to impress the mysterious girl he likes.
--- End quote ---

I enjoyed this a lot -
coming of age in the eighties helped; having lived a year in Dublin in the mid-eighties helped; liking the music helped.
But none of the above necessary I'd say ;-)

MilesAhead:
Sing Street

A boy growing up in Dublin during the 1980s escapes his strained family life by starting a band to impress the mysterious girl he likes.
--- End quote ---

I enjoyed this a lot -
coming of age in the eighties helped; having lived a year in Dublin in the mid-eighties helped; liking the music helped.
But none of the above necessary I'd say ;-)
-tomos (July 06, 2016, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I always liked the coming of age genre.  Old English flicks with Rita Tushingham, Asian flicks such as All About Lilly Chow Chow, Drew Barrymoore's Far From Home, etc..

Life is the same old same old, but it is new to those just old enough to experience its joys and frustrations for the first time.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version