ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (98/182) > >>

Deozaan:
@SB! I really really like the look of that animation. Almost a noir vibe don't you think? Did they rotoscope it? Or are they working off 3D models? (It looks rotoscoped.)

Great music too! :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup:
-40hz (February 09, 2015, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

The movement seems too off for rotoscoping to me. I think it's just cell-shaded 3D models from Poser or something like that.

40hz:
I think it's just cell-shaded 3D models from Poser or something like that.
-Deozaan (February 10, 2015, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thx. Learn something new every day. :)

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---

-40hz (February 10, 2015, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

It should be noted that I am not certain about how the video was made. I was just sharing my opinion based on what I saw. My conclusions could be wrong. :)

40hz:
^That's fine. You were just offering your opinion. Though after looking at some cell-shaded examples, I suspect you're right. :)

superboyac:
--- End quote ---

-40hz (February 10, 2015, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've been looking at the tools available now.  I also think it's not rotoscoping.  But it's not just 3D either.  I may be wrong, but the most efficient (cheap) way to do this now is the rig a character in your choice of software, and then use motion capture for the joints/movements.  The movements are too realistic for me to believe an indie person did it without motion capture.  Otherwise, I'm VERY impressed.

[edit] You know...I think it is Poser, actually!  Those parts where he shows the characters changing shows that he has a way of just substituting models/clothes easily...and Poser is the only one that does that out of the box, I believe.  but the guy is a pro, he might have access to some custom software.  Still, it does remind me a lot about Poser.  Damn, if that's true, Poser is awesome!!  Hmm...Poser with motion capture, that's a lot of bang for the buck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version