ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (92/182) > >>

superboyac:
lol!  Loving the equal opportunity movie reviewing, 40! 

40hz:
lol!  Loving the equal opportunity movie reviewing, 40! 
-superboyac (January 13, 2015, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well..I couldn't just let it go by saying this flick sucked out loud - although I certainly wanted to. ;D

Renegade:

http://princesoftheyen.com/#watchthefilm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4172710/
-panzer (January 13, 2015, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Downloaded! It looks interesting.

Renegade:
I'm not quite sure why this film has attained the nascent cult status it has.
-40hz (January 13, 2015, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are quite a few films that I've seen in the past that won awards and had lots of praise, and turned out to be some of the worst drivel.

I don't quite get the attraction to some of them. But, there's a crowd out there that loves to watch stuff happen on the screen with no point to it. Kind of like reality TV. Meh... whatever floats your boat.

40hz:
There are quite a few films that I've seen in the past that won awards and had lots of praise, and turned out to be some of the worst drivel.
-Renegade (January 13, 2015, 09:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I generally attribute it to one of the worst possible scams a writer can try to pull: Being deliberately obscure in the hopes someone will mistakenly think you're profound.

Several French and Italian movie makers made a career out of that one.

Any film that can be summed up by saying: "The only conclusion to be drawn is that no conclusion is to be drawn" defines that class of picture.

IMHO the most recent example of that sort of BS was Jim Jarmusch's The Limits of Control. Although at least the naked body (Paz de la Huerta no less!) in that film was attractive - as opposed to those in The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version