ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (63/182) > >>

40hz:
@40hz... that was a horrible intro to that film... Some good description, but you left me entirely unprepared for it. Perhaps that was a good thing...
-Renegade (June 14, 2014, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

40hz has given a bit of description there, but it's completely inadequate to describe what this is.
--- End quote ---

Um...wasn't it you who said never tell you too much or show you trailers?

Well...we aims to please. :P ;D

(So... are you in love with Ms. Doona Bae's character Sonmi-451 yet? ;) )

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others.
Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

This is more than just a film. This is an adventure.

I think that I need to watch this again.

--- End quote ---

I think I'm on my sixth or possibly seventh pass through it already. And I'll probably continue to watch it until I've got the entire thing committed to memory. Or at least for as long as I can handle the heartache I feel every time I see it. The only other brilliant (good choice of word!) films I've viewed this many times are The Usual Suspects, Amelie and Mamoru Oshii's Avalon - and those provide nowhere near the level of experience Cloud Atlas offers. 8)

All I can say is: See it! :Thmbsup:

Movies you've seen lately  Movies you've seen lately  Movies you've seen lately  Movies you've seen lately  Movies you've seen lately

------------------------------

Note: by "not bad adaptation" I meant it doesn't exactly mirror the book. But I don't see that as an automatic negative. Some films do suffer by comparison to their origins. Some films, however, are better than their books. Chocolat and Big Fish being two examples that immediately come to mind. But that's me. :mrgreen:

Renegade:
@40hz... that was a horrible intro to that film... Some good description, but you left me entirely unprepared for it. Perhaps that was a good thing...
-Renegade (June 14, 2014, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

40hz has given a bit of description there, but it's completely inadequate to describe what this is.
--- End quote ---

Um...wasn't it you who said never tell you too much or show you trailers?

Well...we aims to please. :P ;D
-40hz (June 14, 2014, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha! Yes - going in blind is often a wonderful thing. But I figured that it was just some sort of regular film. Boy, was I mistaken.

Regarding Sonmi-451... incredible performance there. Sonmi-451 is simply adorable, and... I don't want to say anymore about her as I might semi-ruin part of the movie for someone.

Note: by "not bad adaptation" I meant it doesn't exactly mirror the book. But I don't see that as an automatic negative. Some films do suffer by comparison to their origins.
--- End quote ---

I think that threw me as I expected the film to be a poor version of the book, and further expected a mediocre film.

4wd:
The Host
 (see attachment in previous post)
At almost 2 hours long, it is long, but by no means drawn out. They use those 2 hours very well.

If you like sci-fi, chances are you'll love this. -Renegade (June 14, 2014, 01:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Count me out, much prefer the Korean version: The Host

MilesAhead:
Speaking of Asian Horror/Monster movies.. the first Tomey features Kanno Miho in the lead.

It's more creepy than scary.  Good fun flick.  I think in the sequels KM is only shown via clips from the first film.  But I may be mistaken.

Shades:
Walk of shame: Entertaining (albeit predictable) comedy about a goody-two-shoes anchor lady getting into trouble just before being interviewed for promotion to a bigger network.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version