ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (59/182) > >>

nosh:
I'm in the minority here. :( I didn't think too badly of 'Melancholia' - don't remember it too well... viewed it quite a while back but I've rated it a 7 on IMDB. I'm smitten with Kirsten "Fangs" Dunst, so that may have had something to do with it.
And I didn't think 'Oculus' was particularly interesting. 'The Conjuring' was the only horror that did it for me this year, had some seriously creepy bits.

My recommendations:

Wes Anderson's 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' - Not his best but it has Anderson's characteristic quirky feel and is an out-and-out visual masterpiece.

O Som Ao Redor (Neighboring Sounds) - I adore Brazilian flicks, love their realism. The plot is mostly easygoing but kept me engrossed throughout. And there just might be something more going on than appears on the surface. ;)

40hz:
+1 for Grand Budapest Hotel.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
Monsters
Reccomended. :Thmbsup:
-40hz (June 07, 2014, 10:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 -- It's a fun flick.
-Renegade (June 07, 2014, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I enjoyed it also.  +1

superboyac:
I'm in the minority here. :( I didn't think too badly of 'Melancholia' - don't remember it too well... viewed it quite a while back but I've rated it a 7 on IMDB. I'm smitten with Kirsten "Fangs" Dunst, so that may have had something to do with it.
And I didn't think 'Oculus' was particularly interesting. 'The Conjuring' was the only horror that did it for me this year, had some seriously creepy bits.

My recommendations:
 (see attachment in previous post)Wes Anderson's 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' - Not his best but it has Anderson's characteristic quirky feel and is an out-and-out visual masterpiece.
 (see attachment in previous post)O Som Ao Redor (Neighboring Sounds) - I adore Brazilian flicks, love their realism. The plot is mostly easygoing but kept me engrossed throughout. And there just might be something more going on than appears on the surface. ;)

-nosh (June 08, 2014, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
yes for grand budapest!  freaking loved that movie, i had a great time!  I know the wes anderson style is becoming a bit familiar, but I don't mind one bit so far.  keep them coming, i love these movies.

Did you guys see the SNL spoof on wes anderson?  So accurate!  lolol!

nosh:
Hahaha! Hadn't seen that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version