ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (19/182) > >>

wraith808:
I don't mind the Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc films either.  The retreads, not so much.  But a good mindless action flick... definitely.  And I still want to see a King Conan film where he hands the reins over to someone else.

I hate most of the remakes.  There are a few that have been good... but I'm on the fence as to whether that (very) few is worth the pain of the others.

And actually, I don't mind any genre if its well done.  It's just that most of the crap they put out now *isn't*.

Renegade:
And actually, I don't mind any genre if its well done.  It's just that most of the crap they put out now *isn't*.
-wraith808 (July 29, 2013, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Pfft! Liar! No guy likes any chick-flick no matter how well it's done! We only tolerate them because of our ladies! :P

Now, add in some aliens or cyborgs or space ships or lasers or zombies or something that's actually cool/interesting, and yeah... they can be done well enough to enjoy. :P

Sleepless in Seattle/Titanic = zzzzzzzzzzzz... :P

Renegade:
It's just that most of the crap they put out now *isn't*.
--- End quote ---

That's bang on 110%. Very few things out there worth watching. :(

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

Pfft! Liar! No guy likes any chick-flick no matter how well it's done! We only tolerate them because of our ladies! :P

Now, add in some aliens or cyborgs or space ships or lasers or zombies or something that's actually cool/interesting, and yeah... they can be done well enough to enjoy. :P

Sleepless in Seattle/Titanic = zzzzzzzzzzzz... :P

-Renegade (July 29, 2013, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not afraid to admit that one of my favorite movies is "Somewhere in Time". :)

superboyac:
(see attachment in previous post)

A partial list of things in movies over the past several years that I've (by now) just about had enough of:

* Vampire everything - monsters, lovers, lesbians, special forces
* Werewolf everything - (see Vampire above)
* Werewolves + Vampire everything - (see Vampire above)
* Flesh-Eating Zombie Apocalypse riffs - even if they do star Milla Jovovich
* Unstoppable "might be supernatural or possessed by the Devil" psycho "slice&dice" killers wearing masks - Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills Have Eyes, Last House on the Left, etc. etc. - you know the franchises.
* Teams of kids or teenagers (with no formal training) who take on crack professional military units - and win
* Remakes of: Porky's, Risky Business, Animal House
* Additional installments of Die Hard (and while were at it - Bruce Willis in general)
* Schwartzenegger and Stallone - either solo or in combo. Gentlemen? It's getting sorta old - and so are you. Wake up and smell the steroids! As my GF put it: Seeing young heavily-muscled dudes is one thing. However, seeing musclebound old men is kinda creepy.
* Harry Potter everything
* Kevin Smith's "Jay" and "Silent Bob" characters - Hey Kev? It's true they were sorta funny in Dogma. Not so much anywhere else. So let's give it a rest ok?
* And just to get a jump on it: the inevitable sequels to The Hunger Games along with all the "me too" spin-offs that will likely follow.
There's more items on that list, but these will do for a start. ;) ;D
-40hz (July 29, 2013, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thank YOU!  I'll add all superhero movies, knight movies to the list.  And even though the 3D cartoons are technically ok, both in story and special effects (that is, I have no real complaint), well, I'm sick of them too.

I'm not yet sick of Wes Anderson, I'll take more of those please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version