ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (126/182) > >>

tomos:
via the 'interesting' thread:One of the first movies that got me into Sci-Fi in a big way wasn't Star Wars - but the Last Starfighter.
-wraith808 (January 07, 2016, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for that tip wraith :up:

The Last Starfighter (1984) (imdb)

40hz:
The latest installment of Star Wars Part {some number}- the Yadda-yadda-yadda Whatever. (I'm not a big fan of George Lucas's space opera, as you can probably guess.)

That said it was entertaining enough, if a little short on story and plot. (Like all of them are IMO.) It struck me that this outing is mostly a rehash of a previous episode - except with a bigger and more sophisticated CGI canvas to draw it on. Or so I thought.

I saw it in 2D rather than 3D at a Tuesday matinee. So it only set Alex and me back just shy of $20 all in - extra large popcorn included. If we dropped $14 each to see it at an  evening screening (with 3D glasses) I probably would have felt it was largely a waste of money - even if the cinematography and scenic design was impressive. Actually, it was quite beautiful in some places. (And FWIW I'd like to see Ms. Daisy Ridley in a movie with a better script. She's got a little of that Rhona Mitra sci-fi vibe going for her. And I think she has the makings of a decent major motion picture actress if they give her half a chance.)

If you're a big Star Wars fan, it's not to be missed. But why am I bothering to say anything if you if you are? You've probably seen it twice already and are planning on going back at least once more, right?  ;)

Renegade:
The Revenant

I utterly HATED Leonardo many years ago in the "Titanic" era.

But dammit! He's a bloody great actor.

This movie is long, but it is a good story. Totally predictable, but still... a good watch.

Renegade:
If you're a big Star Wars fan, it's not to be missed. But why am I bothering to say anything if you if you are?
-40hz (January 07, 2016, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because you care, of course!  ;D

You've probably seen it twice already and are planning on going back at least once more, right?  ;)
-40hz (January 07, 2016, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. Haven't seen it yet. Haven't had time. I'll wait for the online version. But, I still really like Star Wars a lot. Even if I don't have posters of it all over the house, and dress up like SW characters...

Honestly... A lot of Star Wars and Star Trek fans are just frikkin' nuts.

wraith808:
Nope. Haven't seen it yet. Haven't had time. I'll wait for the online version. But, I still really like Star Wars a lot. Even if I don't have posters of it all over the house, and dress up like SW characters...

-Renegade (January 10, 2016, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

The funny thing is... back before video and being able to see it outside of that venue, I saw Star Wars over 100 times in the theatre.  I haven't seen the new one at all, yet.  It's not like something I can miss.

I also attribute it to being a kid at the time :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version