ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (117/182) > >>

IainB:
...Also what happens to all these twins he has flying around?  Do they create a softball team of clones?  Like Joe Shmoe playing all 9 positions and managing versus the high school girl's softball team?  :)
-MilesAhead (October 23, 2015, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I think they're not "clones" per se, it's simply that they cease to exist in their own timeline as they go through the hole in the floor and enter a parallel universe's timeline where they probably already have a near-duplicate, but if the duplicate has already gone back in time (or is about to), then that's 2 of them out of their native timelines, and so on. The plot does not try to resolve what happens to all those duplicates crossing into other timelines, but I like the central theme picked by the movie, which is that one of the duplicates has to cross over to many timelines and go back deep into the past in order to effect a positive incremental change in the "present".
I think that's a great SF story, and it reminds me of a quite different SF film, "Jacket" (which I thought was superb and have watched several times). "The Time Traveller's Wife" is another, similar, I guess.

IainB:
OH MY FREAKING CRIPES ALMIGHTY~!
This is just 1,000,000 degrees of awesomeness~!

It's got:

* 9/11
* Conspiracies
* Back to the Future (the movie)
* Funky wildness
* "Concentrating collective consciousness onto a single space-time focal point" (Just how friggin' awesome is that???)
* And so much MOAR~!And it's in the friggin' WASHINGTON POST!!!
At under 13 minutes (11 minutes after the credits), this is going to be one of the best/wonkiest films you've seen in forever!
I've got $5 in DC credits for anyone* that watches it and isn't one of:

* Entertained
* Freaked out a bit
* Saying to themselves, "WTF did I just watch???"(* Must have >50 posts and have posted in this thread before. Max 4 people.)
And that's why the wonky, freaky stuff always has a place~! :P ;D
-Renegade (October 24, 2015, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think that's inappropriate and political and should be moved to The Basement. Anyone who disagrees with me is a denier and is ad homineming me and I don't understand what logical fallacies are.
Sorry for any typos, but I are just now only learning to rite proper.

IainB:
Ok... So I go outside for a smoke, and I trip across this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...ancelled-in-malaysia
-Renegade (October 24, 2015, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's priceless. I sometimes wonder whether the BBC doesn't try to do its level best to grind its face into its own poo. It's probably a form of ritual liberal-marxist religio-political self-abasement as penance/atonement and as proxy for an imagined history of racial abuse by white male (mainly British) colonists.

Renegade:
Ok... So I go outside for a smoke, and I trip across this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...ancelled-in-malaysia
-Renegade (October 24, 2015, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's priceless. I sometimes wonder whether the BBC doesn't try to do its level best to grind its face into its own poo. It's probably a form of ritual liberal-marxist religio-political self-abasement as penance/atonement and as proxy for an imagined history of racial abuse by white male (mainly British) colonists.
-IainB (October 24, 2015, 03:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

It just fits in so well with "Cherry 2000". I'd just mentioned that yesterday, and what's in the news today??? Yep. that.

I loathe the BBC. But, that's a Basement topic. ;)

MilesAhead:
@IainB  Jacket I enjoyed thoroughly.  I watched it a few times.  That was the film that made me aware of Adrien Brody.  Just on looks he doesn't create much of an impression.  But he has skills.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version