ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (51/182) > >>

Renegade:
Just watched Cypher (2002):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284978/

An unsuspecting, disenchanted man finds himself working as a spy in the dangerous, high-stakes world of corporate espionage. Quickly getting way over-his-head, he teams up with a mysterious femme fatale.
--- End quote ---

Fun movie. Cyber spy... no more info. ;) I don't want to spoil anything. Worth a watch for fun. It gets better as it goes along, making it very worthwhile.

And Lucy Liu is just plain hot! :D C'mon... worth watching just for her~! :P

MilesAhead:
The Guard

I think I mentioned this flick in another thread.  But I enjoyed this film quite a bit.  It's in English.  You may want to watch with the English subs on though.  The humor is all in the dialog.

40hz:
Worth a watch for fun. It gets better as it goes along, making it very worthwhile.-Renegade (March 02, 2014, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. It has a good premise and storyline. :)

And Lucy Liu is just plain hot! :D
--- End quote ---

Yes indeed! :Thmbsup:

C'mon... worth watching just for her~! :P
--- End quote ---

+1!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Check her out in a cute romantic comedy called Watching the Detectives. where you get to see a different and rather charming side to the comely Ms. Liu. (She emits some of the best sounding laughter since Goldie Hawn.)

Bunch of clips from it on YouTube. You can check out one of them here if you want to see if it's for you. (Lucy is awesome in  this scene.)

FWIW that's one thing we lost with the advent of Netflix home delivery and streaming video on-demand...that collection of entertaining film buffs and similar weirdos you used to run into at the video rental store. Sometimes I'd walk in just to listen to some of the conversations that were going down and not rent anything. :mrgreen:

40hz:
Lunopolis.

It's awesome!

Normally I like to see a non-spoiler trailer and possibly read a plot synopsis before I watch a movie. Lunopolis is one of those rare flicks that's better if you go in completely cold.

That was the advice I got - and I'm glad to say I took it.

I won't spoil it by saying any more.

Go watch it!

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Just watched Lunopolis -- didn't really do it for me -- too silly -- I couldn't suspend disbelief sufficiently (though it did hold my interest throughout).

But for those who enjoy the genre, I'd like to recommend: Primer and Safety Not Guaranteed and Time Crimes, all of which are truly excellent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version