ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good for Nick D'Aloisio!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

kyrathaba:
no reason he shouldn't get the same overinflated payouts as all of the other winners in this non-nonsensical lottery game we call capitalism.

--- End quote ---

+1000!

We speak the same financial politics, it would seem.

AndyM:
Or rather, I think the value assigned to such things are ridiculously offensively out of line for everyone in this game
-mouser (March 26, 2013, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
right, we need to spend that money on football and baseball players  ;D

app103:
Or rather, I think the value assigned to such things are ridiculously offensively out of line for everyone in this game
-mouser (March 26, 2013, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
right, we need to spend that money on football and baseball players  ;D
-AndyM (March 26, 2013, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or.....

xtabber:
Read the article and what it says he is being paid millions for.
Makes no sense to me.  Must be something more to what he is being paid for.
Then again, very little in this world regarding money makes sense to me so..
-mouser (March 26, 2013, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
You are not alone: The NY Times reporter also clearly had no clue as to what D'Aloisio was being paid for, even though the article links to Kara Swisher's article in All Things D which has more to say on the matter.

As this Business Insider article explains more fully, it's essentially a PR stunt, and it appears to be working. I have to give Marissa Mayer more credit than I had previously for knowing how to manipulate the mainstream media and dig herself out of a self-made hole.  Unfortunately, the NY Times reporting on tech matters is superficial, when it is not incompetent . Nothing new there -- it's been that way for at least 30 years and is not likely to change any time soon.

mouser:
it's essentially a PR stunt,
--- End quote ---

Sounds right to me.  my radar went up when i saw Salon.com had an article about this.. written by... Marissa Mayer.  So essentially salon.com is now just a stenographer of press releases masquerading as journalism?  Give me a break.
[edit: correction - see comment below by xtabber]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version