ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Newly coined term, "internet fury"? A sad article...

<< < (8/9) > >>

40hz:
^I love TP's suggestion. Simple, neat, and effective.  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Yeah, that works fine.

KynloStephen66515:
o.0

but you also don't spit in their face and tell them their opinion doesn't matter.
-mouser (April 13, 2013, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please re-read what I wrote.

but you're getting a bit carried away there with some of your comparisions.
-tomos (April 13, 2013, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

(Notice I made a joke there, not actually gave a full comparison...the Jew one wasn't made to be serious...) :/

It's fun sometimes but not every post has to be an excuse to post some random video or anecdote that takes us spiraling off topic.
-mouser (April 13, 2013, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

The video was there to backup my thinking.  No more, no less.  I did not spiral this discussion, I simply responded to somebody directly pointing a finger at me.

Please also notice how I stayed polite, calm, and collected throughout the whole message.  Seems people think I was disrespectful, but...I don't think I was.

People here should know, I only swear when I am 'fuming' about a topic.  Notice how said post was also "out-of-character" colourful.  How often do I use 10 different colours in my posts?  Sometimes...yes...but its 1/500.

The topic itself was a sensitive one, and one which caused me to use "bad words".

My final statement on this topic is the following.  I do not know the author, I read it on Pintrest (I think):

Everything we write, everything we have read, and anything we will ever read, is just 26 different letters, is just a different combination of 26 letters./quote]-Unknown
--- End quote ---

40hz:
Please also notice how I stayed polite, calm, and collected throughout the whole message.  Seems people think I was disrespectful, but...I don't think I was.
-Stephen66515 (April 13, 2013, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, as long as you don't think so, I guess that argument just about settles it. :P ;D

mouser:
I should say that I appreciate Stephen's approach to life and the the stephen fry video -- personally i'm a big fan of cursing. and the video is arguably related to the topic of this thread..  still, i think when someone is offended i think the default reaction should be one of respect for their feelings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version