ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Newly coined term, "internet fury"? A sad article...

<< < (4/9) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
IMHO
If women want equal rights...and by that I mean TRULY equal...then they should learn to take a fucking joke as a joke...Men call each other stupid names and throw stupid comments at each other, all the time...do we report those playful, non-hurtful comments?  No...

The same goes for overly sensitive men...

If you can't take a joke...stop listening and stfu...

As for saying <quote>"I'd fork that guys repo"</quote> ... Yes...that can (CAN...not SHOULD) be taken as a sexual innuendo...but only if you have a dirty mind and you decide to twist it into such.

Equal rights are exactly that...EQUAL...

...The following section is for both gender groups...
Stop being so overly sensitive all the goddamn time...It's fucking irritating and infuriating for the most part.

Before anybody replies, bitching about my opinion...Take a look here...

tomos:
[Stephen - Ignore! :P]

Funnily enough I think 'women's lib' and 'women want[ing] equal rights' are almost off-topic here.

That's what I thought quite brilliant about the article linked in the first post - it kept it at people, and how people interact, and the effects of not dealing with something directly and fairly etc. etc. (Once I got beyond the wow/wtf factor, it was a real pleasure to read.)

KynloStephen66515:
Funnily enough I think 'women's lib' and 'women want[ing] equal rights' are almost off-topic here.
-tomos (March 23, 2013, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

3) Shortly afterward, Playhaven said it had fired the developer. CEO Andy Yang explained, “As a company that is dedicated to gender equality and values honorable behavior,-http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/21/a-dongle-joke-that-spiraled-way-out-of-control/
--- End quote ---
* Stephen66515 shrugs
That's what I was talking about :P

tomos:
^Yeah, that was a mess.

I would presume he would have a case for unfair dismissal.
Whether it's worth following up ...

KynloStephen66515:
Tbh, if a company fires you without really having all the info (That coupled with the fact SHE lost her job for this stupidity) would you REALLY want the job back?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version