ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Newly coined term, "internet fury"? A sad article...

<< < (2/9) > >>

kyrathaba:
Women's lib taken to the extreme. Just a couple guys trading nerdy sex innuendos. She shoulda turned around and said she could overhear and found it offensive.  99% chance they'd have zipped it. I mean, c'mon: I could understand someone getting fired over repeated behavior like that in a mixed gender office setting, but a one-off at a conference?

wraith808:
reading his context... part of it wasn't even sexual.  She put the connotations on it.  That is, if you believe him.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5398681

40hz:
As I have come to know you as a well-read person through this forum, I suspect you have read him already.
-Shades (March 22, 2013, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you! Yes he did. (And yes I have.) ;D

40hz:
She shoulda turned around and said she could overhear and found it offensive.  99% chance they'd have zipped it.
-kyrathaba (March 22, 2013, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

reading his context... part of it wasn't even sexual.  She put the connotations on it.  That is, if you believe him.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5398681

-wraith808 (March 22, 2013, 04:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

As Hosea cautioned: "They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind."

Forces once set in motion can quickly become impossible to control, with the result that everyone loses out more often than not.

As my martial arts instructor told my class: Always choose your venues. There will always be plenty of things to pick a fight over. But how many of them are actually worth it?  So don't go letting your mouth write checks your ass can't cover. Keep your mouth shut - and always know where the exit is.

Words of wisdom.

kyrathaba:
What type of martial arts, 40? I took Shaolin Do for several years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version