ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Finally, a robust keyboard shortcut app!

<< < (2/11) > >>

mouser:
hahaahah exactly.
this is why i never care about hotkey configurations.. i simply cannot rememeber them.

in truth i have a couple global hotkeys i use, but i'm definitely in the same boat as you..  thats why i wrote f&r robot, so i could type names of programs instead of hotkey combinations :)

Scott:
Thanks.  I feel better.  :)

I use a few of the basic Windows hotkeys, and Ctrl+Num+/- to alter my volume with Sound Control, but that's all my sleep-deprived brain can handle.

zridling:
You two would have been very frustrated in the DOS days of the 1980s, especially with WordPerfect 5.1. It had a detailed set of keyboard shortcuts, once mastered, allowed you to fly when working with that word processor. Back then, keyboards were sold with plastic templates that had those keyboard shortcuts for every function key — four deep for each — that served as a visual mnemonic device. (They also sold keyboard with a second set of 12 Function keys on the left side of the keyboard. I cried the day they stopped selling those workhorses.) It wasn't long before you had memorized most of the keys, thus giving you the advantage of speed over others. I work with a minimum of 23 different programs every single day no matter what, and having keyboard shortcuts to launch them is sweet! WK (WinKey)+CTRL+B launches BlogJet and WK+V launches Visual Thesaurus, for example.

I can accurately type 85wpm on the keyboard, and almost a 100wpm with 2-5 mistakes. For folks like me, the mouse is the slowest device on my system, and taking my hands off the keyboard throws everything into slow motion by comparison. Thus the need for a hot key app on my desktop.  :)

zridling:
imtrobin, Hotkey Master is sweet, thanks for sharing!

Scott:
I think it's a matter of discipline and interest.  I can't be bothered to memorize 7,500 different hotkey combinations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version