topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to get actual file location of a big list of URLs?  (Read 7304 times)

David007

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How to get actual file location of a big list of URLs?
« on: April 30, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Hi all could any one tell me how i can get the actual file location of media files from a huge list of urls which i have in my database or as text file. I have many urls such as :

http://remotsite.com...p?d=04&song=2353

i want to get the actual file location of media for all of these url but i do not know how to do it fast and automatically. I know i can do it one by one using snooper but ita gona take me too long .
 i want know how i can get actual medial file location for huge list of urls automatically with out me having to play one by one each one of them.I be happy if some one tell me how it can be done.Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to get actual file location of a big list of URLs?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 02:33 PM »
that's an interesting question actually..
the best way would be to use some tool to open each url on a web page in turn, in a batch process, with url snooper running all the while.  might be something worth implementing if it doesn't already exist.  let me know what you or others can find regarding an existing program..

David007

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 02:43 PM »
that's an interesting question actually..
the best way would be to use some tool to open each url on a web page in turn, in a batch process, with url snooper running all the while.  might be something worth implementing if it doesn't already exist.  let me know what you or others can find regarding an existing program..
Thank u for u reply well i know vb6 but i never did any batching with it to open urls.If that can be done it should have an option to close the window an open new one for each url and do this very fast without having to wait the media  finish playing!! I did many search i could not find one!! I hope i get some info from others if such program aleady exist.Thanks

smartazz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Would HTTrack work for this?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:06 PM »
hi smartazz,
it might - though there may be cases where you really need to have your browser be told to open the files in order to scan the page properly.

for example, imagine you have a list of urls to pages with multimedia radio players on them, which you need to actually open and start playing before a url will be found.

in that case you really need a program that will force your browser to open each url, pause a bit in order to give the radio activex time to start, and then load the next one.

but most of the time i would think a program like httrack would be sufficient.  nice find.

compn

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 01:14 AM »
nettransport has a simple 'add batch download' feature

blah.com/blah?file=3005

lets say you want file=2000 to file=3000

open net transport, go to add batch download
enter blah.com/blah?file=(*) then put in wildcard 4 digits
2000 to 3000 , bingo!

some other programs can do this too like Offline Explorer