topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Welcome to the Commercial Licensing Section  (Read 165217 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to the Commercial Licensing Section
« on: March 15, 2013, 01:33 AM »
This new section of our forum will focus on questions and answers related to the commercial licensing of DonationCoder.com software.

If you are interested in licensing or deploying any of our software for company-wide use, we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Or perhaps you would be interested in hiring us for custom software development?

You can contact us directly using the contact form on the website, or via email at [email protected], or just ask your question publicly in this section.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:51 AM by mouser »

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Donate to Member
Re: Welcome to the Commercial Licensing Section
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 06:50 AM »
This could not have come at a better time.  Mouser, my company, BSI Financial, is moving to an Amazon S3 solution for storage of documents.  Mainly TIF and PDF formats. We are looking for two things. 

A branded software (BSI) for browsing Amazon S3 storage with Boolean search and possibly inline image preview, that mimics Windows Explorer with as close to that feature set as possible.

A web interface for flat folder browsing of a specified bucket on Amazon. Like virtual file browsing.

We are getting ready to pay $5000 for 250 licenses of another software, however I think we can do better.  I chose the other software for ease of use and feature set. Some of our investors have access to their documents, so we will be distributing software to them.  We would prefer it to be branded, of course, and would prefer a simple web interface as well.

I am sending you a PM with my contact information.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: Welcome to the Commercial Licensing Section
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 06:56 AM »
I've put up the first version of a brand new page devoted to Commercial Site Licensing at DonationCoder.com, and added links to it on various software pages on the site.

Commercial site licensing is something we've always done on DC -- I'm just trying to do a better job of spreading the word about it.  If you know a business that would be interested please pass along the link.