topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Additional DC commercial licensing discussion  (Read 36284 times)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Additional DC commercial licensing discussion
« on: March 15, 2013, 02:01 AM »
This new section of our forum will focus on questions and answers related to the commercial licensing of DonationCoder.com software.

If you are interested in licensing or deploying any of our software for company-wide use, we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Or perhaps you would be interested in hiring us for custom software development?

You can contact us directly using the contact form on the website, or via email at [email protected], or just ask your question publicly in this section.

I'll start the discussion mostly echoing a note from Mouser earlier. Mouser, how detailed do you want to get into the issues we glanced over last time? They proved to be somewhat surprisingly complex.

I'm on the verge of blasting a bunch of new threads to organize the topics. Good idea or bad idea?

Also I'd change it from "Licensing" to more broadly "commercializing" because I am the type to commission something but then make it Public Domain or some such.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Additional DC commercial licensing discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 02:58 AM »
I'm happy to have a discussion on any such issues -- but most such discussions should probably take place in a different area of the site -- probably the site features area or general section?

I can see that there may be a need for a place we people can discuss the hiring of coders who hang out at DC for custom work, but..  I'd like us to keep this new forum area very tightly focused on the needs and concerns of companies who are interested in commercial licensing of software produced by DonationCoder.

Again -- I think we should have the discussions you are talking about -- just in a different area (at least for the time being -- who knows maybe we will decide that such discussions should be absorbed here at a later date).

If all goes well that means this will be a pretty quiet area of the forum -- but one where current or potential commercial site license holders will feel comfortable posting.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:04 AM by mouser »