ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor keeps saving PCX files

(1/3) > >>

DigitalBath75:
Downloaded Screenshot Captor for Windows 8 (64) (yes, I know Windows 8 blows, but you try buying a new laptop without it) after being a longtime user.

Everything works except SC's proclivity for saving image files as .PCX format. I've repeatedly changed the setting to be JPG format, but it doesn't take.

Any ideas?

Note: I had to change the uploaded file to jpg

KynloStephen66515:
I think this is a bug, it was mentioned previously, but I was under the impression it had been fixed.

Could you possibly try changing the default to be PNG and see if it does the same thing (After exiting and restarting SSC etc) - Just basically try get it to do the same, with other defaults set.

Will certainly help to narrow down the problem if it IS a bug (It has been mentioned on DC before) - If it isn't...nothing lost but time xD

mouser:
I need some clarification on what you say is happening -- are you saying if you change that to JPG that it doesn't obey this when creating new screenshots?

In other words, can you walk me through exactly what you are doing, what you are seeing, and what you expected to happen in contrast to what actually happened.

ps. unless you are in an alternate universe, no one should be using anything but PNG for screenshots.

KynloStephen66515:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=33558.0 <--- Previous discussion about this.

DigitalBath75:
I need some clarification on what you say is happening -- are you saying if you change that to JPG that it doesn't obey this when creating new screenshots?

In other words, can you walk me through exactly what you are doing, what you are seeing, and what you expected to happen in contrast to what actually happened.

ps. unless you are in an alternate universe, no one should be using anything but PNG for screenshots.
-mouser (March 14, 2013, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

You summed up my problem. I keep changing the image format in settings to JPG. I apply it. Then the next time I use SC, it saves the screenshot as PCX.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version