ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help Wanted: Develop A Beautiful Desktop RSS Reader

(1/2) > >>

Epicmaster:
Hey guys,

So some of you may have heard of the recent news that Google Reader is being killed off.
Right now their are nice alternatives on the web that do their own thing, but none have the simple RSS reader features i'm looking for.

web apps like feedly, prismatic and pulse are great but Google reader was great because of its simplicity in offering nothing more then
the ability to add rss feeds easily and read news in a simple way.

I've long been looking for a simple, slick and beautiful desktop application that would act as a great RSS news reader.
Now that Google Reader is dead I think there may be more of a demand thanks to the void Google has left.

I want to participate in designing such an app with a programmer as a partner. I can design beautiful interfaces, develop nice interaction models etc. but
I don't have the time nor the skill to do the coding and back-end. I have experience in designing applications, exept I code in Java, which I doubt many of you
know desktop Java development. Anyhow if you need proof i've been posting my progress on this thread: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26652.0
and on the site that features the open source application i'm working on: auroragamehub.com

Anyways, I obsess over great design, but I don't have time to work on the backend, which is why I need help your help
I need someone who knows how to make a great application but needs a designers help. If anyone becomes interested I can work on some mock ups and ideas and post them here.

I want a partner who is passionate at making something cool, something beautiful, something simple and useful.

If you are a Creative Developer, want to learn or, out of need, would like to make such an RSS reader please let me know!
I for one am super willing and committed :)

hpearce:
try one of these recommendations http://www.ghacks.net/2013/03/14/the-ultimate-google-reader-alternatives-list/

Epicmaster:
When I said a beautiful and simple desktop RSS reader I really meant it.

Those application are ugly, cluttered and not intuitive in any way. Windows applications typically suck, I want to really craft something beautiful for windows.

If I were to use something as inspiration I would definitely take a look at the Mac leader in RSS news reader: http://reederapp.com/mac/screens

siouxdax:
OP here. Just wanted everyone to know my problem has been solved by a very kind and generous person. It's a reminder that the world isn't always such a sh*tty place. :)

40hz:
It's a reminder that the world isn't always such a sh*tty place. :)
-siouxdax (March 22, 2013, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Assuming that's the way you tend to see the world and, therefor, are in need of such a reminder. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version