ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Reader gone

<< < (23/32) > >>

erikts:
I'm going with Bazqux.com  (a 30 day trial after which you're charged $9, $19 or $29 a year for the same service, you get to decide what it's worth) over Feedly's freebie.
-nosh (June 26, 2013, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nosh, thanks for the head up. I am also now trialing Bazqux.com.

phitsc:
I'm going with Bazqux.com  (a 30 day trial after which you're charged $9, $19 or $29 a year for the same service, you get to decide what it's worth) over Feedly's freebie.
-nosh (June 26, 2013, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nosh, thanks for the head up. I am also now trialing Bazqux.com.
-erikts (June 30, 2013, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

And me.

allen:
Bazqux is impressive -- very simple, light, fast. Newsblur feels sluggish by comparison, though I still somewhat favor NewsBlur for a number of features and its high level of polish.

Thus far, the hardest part of trying out Bazqux has been remembering the name!

pl5bnsf:
One thing I'm finding hard to work around is that I have two gmail accounts I used for Google Reader. One for home feeds and one for work feeds. Unfortunately, the paid RSS readers don't allow for multiple accounts without paying for 2 accounts. So, for me, I would need to purchase two accounts on something like Bazqux/Feedly/etc. Not hard to understand the logic of paying for each account...but it means I would need to pay double and they are monthly/yearly costs.

So I am now focused on using The Old Reader on which I can have multiple accounts and then I can donate to The Old Reader without facing a yearly $29 * 2 = $58 per year for something like Bazqux.

wraith808:
I'm using The Old Reader also.  Less work than setting up my own, and it works well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version