ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Seeking Little App w/Specific Actions

<< < (3/4) > >>

nidusin:
RBTray at portableapps.com will handle minimize to tray (freeware). Pretty lightweight, portable and no UI to speak of.

siouxdax:
Well:
I had DisplayFusion, but it was version 3, and well, let's say it wasn't exactly a legit copy. It kept annoying me with pop-ups. And being on
disability I can't just throw down $25 for the cheapest paid version. I don't want the free version, as it leaves out a lot of features I want
and/or need.

As far as WILMA is concerned, I'll have to read more, or rather, again, as my brain hasn't recovered from my sleeping medication from last
night. :)

And while Actual Window Manager has the allure of scads of options, RBTray may be a good option, too, for its simplicity.

I'll take some time and report back. I've still got AWM installed so I'll fiddle with that too.

PhilB66:
RBTray at portableapps.com will handle minimize to tray (freeware). Pretty lightweight, portable and no UI to speak of.
-nidusin (March 14, 2013, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why is the portableapps wrapper needed?

RBTray is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rbtray/files/rbtray/4.3/

32-bit/64-bit versions included in the ZIP package.

siouxdax:
I agree about the portableapps wrapper. I downloaded it from the link you provided. I may test it out a bit later. I'm having sort of a bad night. I'll report back on how it goes.

Thanks all!

-nidusin (March 14, 2013, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why is the portableapps wrapper needed?

RBTray is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rbtray/files/rbtray/4.3/

32-bit/64-bit versions included in the ZIP package.
-PhilB66 (March 14, 2013, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Target:
out of curiosity, what's your workflow here?

just wondering how and why you move windows now (ie is there a 'rule set')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version