ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Emperor's New Clothes Kickstarter

(1/2) > >>

wraith808:
Just came across the project Emperor's New Clothes on Kickstarter.  Am I missing something?  Or is this a meta kickstarter.  I thought it was a joke... then I saw the money funded to it.

And look at the kicktraq.  Am I missing something?

mwb1100:
If you look at the distribution of backers, all except two have pledged less than $85 - I think they're mostly looking for a conversation piece (or backing a buck because they think it's a good joke).  About $3000-$4000 in backing came from these people (still impressive).

The two $500+ backers appear to be responsible for the vast majority of the backing - I don't know what their motivation is. Maybe they're 'insiders' of some sort? I'm not that familiar with kickstarter - it appears that, while discouraged, pledges can be cancelled before the project is funded. Maybe some of the large pledges won't stick?

wraith808:
^ That's a possibility- you can cancel your pledge.  But even without that, there's a large amount of money pledged.  It just seems strange.  I mean, I wouldn't even waste $1 on this, unless I knew it was for a purpose.  And other than the tongue in cheek promotion, there doesn't appear to be any indication that it is.

Carol Haynes:
Looks like a joke to me but so far a lucrative one at $16.5k pledged!

Maybe I am too cynical ...

tomos:
I wonder if the author is as suprised as us

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version