ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SimCity - EA shows us all how to ruin a landmark game with DRM.

<< < (2/7) > >>

f0dder:
I wouldn't buy the game even if it didn't have DRM.

For one, I'm done with EA - they're some of the worst scumbags in the games industry at the moment. Absorbing good franchises and turning them into crap.

But I'm not even going to download the cracked version. From what I've seen so far, the game has purrrrdy graphics, but that's about it - the gameplay has been dumbed down, and the city size is ludicrously restricted.

Here's a link to a much better game :-)

Tinman57:
now EA will blame piracy among PC users for the declining sales. :P
-lanux128 (March 08, 2013, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep.

But truth be told, it will be the pirates that actually add value to the game by making it playable~! :P ;D -Renegade (March 08, 2013, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

You stole the words right off my keyboard.   :P  It will be up to our hero's, the hackers, to patch this game so it won't phone home and be more user friendly.  I've had many games that refused to even run because of the DRM crap coded into it, and these games cost anywhere from $30 to $49 each.  Thank god I was able to find either hacked patches or the complete hacked game online.  The only problem there is now days ALMOST ALL of the hacked games you find on the internet now are loaded with viruses or malware, or the websites themselves have viruses/malware.   :(

Tinman57:
I wouldn't buy the game even if it didn't have DRM.

For one, I'm done with EA - they're some of the worst scumbags in the games industry at the moment. Absorbing good franchises and turning them into crap.

But I'm not even going to download the cracked version. From what I've seen so far, the game has purrrrdy graphics, but that's about it - the gameplay has been dumbed down, and the city size is ludicrously restricted.

Here's a link to a much better game :-) -f0dder (March 08, 2013, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

True dat!  I stopped buying EA games back in the Amiga days because of their insane DRM. (Read my last post)

I'm a member of GOG and have bought a bunch of games (more than 12) from them over the last couple of years.  Only bad thing for me is their servers are over in Germany and takes forever to download, sometimes weeks using their GOG Downloader, because the download links are only good once and can't be re-connected after being dropped for more than 10 minutes.

Carol Haynes:
Only bad thing for me is their servers are over in Germany and takes forever to download
-Tinman57 (March 08, 2013, 07:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not been my experience at all - and I have downloaded some hefty sized games. OK I am in the UK so I am probably a bit closer but you shouldn't be getting very slow speeds and dropped connections!

lanux128:
EA is going to give a free game to owners of SimCity. hopefully not another always-online DRM game. :-\

• https://www.ea.com/news/a-simcity-update-and-something-for-your-trouble

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version