ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Personal keylogger

<< < (13/14) > >>

kalos:
OK! I installed FreeKeylogger and it seems now that Windows Defender doesn't quarantine it.
However, it has one MAJOR flaw: it doesn't allow you to seach for typed/clipboarded text across any date! You have to choose a specific date and search!

KynloStephen66515:
OK! I installed FreeKeylogger and it seems now that Windows Defender doesn't quarantine it.
However, it has one MAJOR flaw: it doesn't allow you to seach for typed/clipboarded text across any date! You have to choose a specific date and search!
-kalos (April 21, 2018, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then ask their developer to add your feature?

IainB:
@kalos:
-kalos (April 21, 2018, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

This must be very frustrating for you.

Your original requirement was:

* Hello!
I am looking for a program that will monitor and save all the text I am typing, along with date, window/app info, etc.
Is there a simple solution?
thanks!
-kalos (November 05, 2017, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

As @mouser suggested earlier in this thread:

* I find a clipboard tool (of course I use my own, CHS) an excellent emergency backup for such occasions.  All I have to do is Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C and I've got a copy of the text in its current version saved in case of a crash.
I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses a clipboard tool for such purposes.
-mouser (July 13, 2016, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is: using CHS and going Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C would suffice.

Using CHS would give you:

* capture/retention of the block of text that you are working on;
* along with date/time;
* along with window/app info plus other metadata, where relevant (e.g., URL);
* a simple solution. - which would seem to meet your requirements. What's not to like about that - or have your requirements changed?

Did you trial CHS for the purpose?

If you had started to trial CHS for this purpose on 2017-11-05, then you could have been trying it out at your leisure for about 5+ months already by now, to establish whether it could work for 80% or more of your requirements and you with it, and you may well have discovered in that time that you actually did not really need the left-handed screwdriver that you thought you needed.

4wd:
@kalos:.b]Your original requirement was:[/b]

* Hello!
I am looking for a program that will monitor and save all the text I am typing, along with date, window/app info, etc.
Is there a simple solution?
thanks!
-kalos (November 05, 2017, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
-IainB (April 21, 2018, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

You forgot that bit, it implies automatically.
The OP could suffer from a debilitating problem that prevents the use of, or the remembrance to execute, the requisite key combinations required to periodically perform the needed action(s).

We wouldn't want to be accused of bias against any particular minority/majority/individual/alien/pet/political party/etc based on information that was, (or wasn't), provided at the outset that could have increased our chances of helping any minority/majority/individual/alien/pet/political party/etc in a much shorter time frame, (possibly less than 5 years for example).

4wd:
Getting back on track, away from the hilarity ...

However, it has one MAJOR flaw: it doesn't allow you to seach for typed/clipboarded text across any date! You have to choose a specific date and search!-kalos (April 21, 2018, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\FKL Viewer\logged_files\*.dat

Contain everything that's logged from the keyboard in plain text - use a program to search them, (hell, even Cortana can probably do it given the right info since Windows Search could).

Ask nicely in the Coding Snacks area and someone may even be willing to write a program that interprets all the [Down], [Up], [Enter], [Back], etc into the final user-readable text, (or not).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version