ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Personal keylogger

<< < (4/14) > >>

Edvard:
There's a forum I frequent that isn't very robust in handling things typed into it.  If you just type a reply and 'Submit', it does fine.  But refresh the page or briefly skip one site over, and your text is gone, never to return.  For some reason, DonationCoder doesn't do that; the 'Back' button will happily give me my text back.  :huh:

Never thought of a keylogger as a saving grace in that situation... That's acually a good idea.

skwire:
Never thought of a keylogger as a saving grace in that situation... That's acually a good idea.-Edvard (June 28, 2016, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not really when you think about the fact that a keylogger logs all keystrokes in one continuous stream, typos included.  Think about all the backspacing, deleting, arrow key moving, and moving the caret with the mouse.  What I'm getting at is, unless you're a perfect typist, the logger's end result is typically a jumbled mess.  Yes, I suppose it's better than nothing, but there are better solutions.  Under Firefox, I use the Textarea Cache extension for this purpose.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/textarea-cache/

tomos:
^ Lazarus was also recommended in the previous thread:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/?src=ss

rjbull:
Text Editor Anywhere, freeware by the author of Listary:
License: Freeware

Current Version: 2.01

System Requirements: Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2000

Text Editor Anywhere allows you to edit text anywhere with your favorite text editor. It provides a means of taking advantages of some advanced features (like auto-completing, spell checking and syntax highlighting) that are only available in an external text editor. It may also save you from web browser crashes.

For example, you can use Vim to tweet or reply a post in Chrome with the help of Text Editor Anywhere.

* Support all kinds of text editors
* Support all applications
* Support Unicode
* You can pass complex parameters to the editor
It’s very easy to use:

Step 1: Press Win + A whenever you need it. You can hold Win key and press “A” repeatedly to choose another file extension or edit the text with a new extension. It works like Alt + Tab.
--- End quote ---

With the cursor in the text box, press the TEA hotkey; it loads whatever text is in the box in a new file in whatever editor you've defined in TEA's configuration.

Personal keylogger

Edit away.  Save the file.  Alt+Tab back to the browser, and whatever text was in the text box will be automagically replaced by your edited text.

Personal keylogger

I have a scheduled event that archives all TEA's files, then deletes all but the most recent ones.

Personal keylogger

It's much like the Firefox extension It's All Text!, but browser-independent.

x16wda:
If you use Chrome, look for Lazarus Form Recovery (patched). It has saved my bacon numerous times when our in-house track-everything system was having some... err... difficult times.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version