topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:45 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: It's a beautiful day  (Read 3252 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's a beautiful day
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:05 AM »
Tiz bloody warm out there...doesn't happen that often here in the UK, so I felt it was worth a post! :P

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: It's a beautiful day
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:29 AM »
Tiz bloody warm out there...doesn't happen that often here in the UK, so I felt it was worth a post! :P
-Stephen66515 (March 05, 2013, 10:05 AM)

Ha! We just had a blizzard warning here. It warned to expect up to 15 inches of snow and gusts of wind up to 45mph. Right now the sun is shining beautifully, but it's about 16 degrees F (about -9C) and there is snow gently falling. Or maybe it's just snowflakes being blown off the roofs of the buildings. I can't quite tell.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 11:13 AM »
I live in the northeastern USA.

After putting things back together after hurricane Sandy a couple of months ago, and then digging out from beneath a major blizzard only a few weeks ago, almost any close to normal day seems beautiful. Having so much recent downside to compare things to provides a quick refresher in gratitude.

Like Keith Richards has been known to say: "It's nice to be here. But then, it's nice to be anywhere." ;)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:13 PM »
  The day before yesterday it was almost 80 degrees, last night I had my fireplace roaring.  Such is the weather in Texas.  We have a saying down here, if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.....

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 06:32 PM »
  The day before yesterday it was almost 80 degrees, last night I had my fireplace roaring.  Such is the weather in Texas.  We have a saying down here, if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.....

Hahaha! ;D

Same deal here. You get 4 seasons in a day. Cold rainy morning leads to a blisteringly hot and humid afternoon, then a chilly evening with showers. It's just all over the place. My neighbor told me the same joke - Don't like the weather in Melbourne? Just wait 5 minutes. -- Exactly the same! :D

Nice and hot out today though. I shaved my head when I first got here, then learned the hard way just how strong the sun is down under. I had a "crusty cap" for a while. ;D

I figure the best time to start complaining with weather is when your car engine block freezes and it won't start - then you can complain about the car. :D
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 02:44 AM »
After the derkest winter on record here (least amount of sunshine anyway) we got a few days sunshine this week.
It was bliss, I just wanted to sit/walk - whatever, just so long as I was out there...
Tom