ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's a beautiful day

(1/2) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Tiz bloody warm out there...doesn't happen that often here in the UK, so I felt it was worth a post! :P

Deozaan:
Tiz bloody warm out there...doesn't happen that often here in the UK, so I felt it was worth a post! :P
-Stephen66515 (March 05, 2013, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ha! We just had a blizzard warning here. It warned to expect up to 15 inches of snow and gusts of wind up to 45mph. Right now the sun is shining beautifully, but it's about 16 degrees F (about -9C) and there is snow gently falling. Or maybe it's just snowflakes being blown off the roofs of the buildings. I can't quite tell.

40hz:
I live in the northeastern USA.

After putting things back together after hurricane Sandy a couple of months ago, and then digging out from beneath a major blizzard only a few weeks ago, almost any close to normal day seems beautiful. Having so much recent downside to compare things to provides a quick refresher in gratitude.

Like Keith Richards has been known to say: "It's nice to be here. But then, it's nice to be anywhere." ;)

Tinman57:
  The day before yesterday it was almost 80 degrees, last night I had my fireplace roaring.  Such is the weather in Texas.  We have a saying down here, if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.....

Renegade:
  The day before yesterday it was almost 80 degrees, last night I had my fireplace roaring.  Such is the weather in Texas.  We have a saying down here, if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.....
-Tinman57 (March 06, 2013, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha! ;D

Same deal here. You get 4 seasons in a day. Cold rainy morning leads to a blisteringly hot and humid afternoon, then a chilly evening with showers. It's just all over the place. My neighbor told me the same joke - Don't like the weather in Melbourne? Just wait 5 minutes. -- Exactly the same! :D

Nice and hot out today though. I shaved my head when I first got here, then learned the hard way just how strong the sun is down under. I had a "crusty cap" for a while. ;D

I figure the best time to start complaining with weather is when your car engine block freezes and it won't start - then you can complain about the car. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version