ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

/r/DonationCoder (Reddit)

(1/2) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DonationCoder/

Do with it what you will.  Figured I would make one for us :D

Anybody wanting to be a moderator should let me know via this thread, or via PM on here.  DO NOT request mod status via reddit, as I will probably just ignore you.

Only people KNOWN here will be considered for mod status.  Anybody always a DC moderator will automatically be granted mod status over there, once they let me know their Reddit username.

Gothi[c]:
I might end up posting there more than here.

I don't know why though.

I like the subreddit-system and how there's very specialized groups of interest, and the way you can combine subreddit views.
I hate the voting system, and the algorithm that shows the top posts on the 'hot' page (it ends up favoring small light/funny posts over posts with interesting/original content)

40hz:
I have mixed feelings about this. :huh:

Reddit has a very different vibe and community. Sort of like a call-in radio talk show (with all that implies) whereas DoCo's forum feels more like a "letters to the editor" column. One seems to inspire snappy quick comebacks. The other a somewhat more, shall we say, "considered" style of commentary and response?

But this is all probably just my take on Reddit, so please feel free to ignore it. ;D

Deozaan:
When it comes to Reddit, I just don't geddit. :tellme: :huh:

rgdot:
When it comes to Reddit, I just don't geddit. :tellme: :huh:
-Deozaan (March 14, 2013, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Since the early days I found it hard to get excited about Reddit, Digg and similar sites.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version