ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In Car Gadgets & Doodads

<< < (6/7) > >>

Deozaan:
Apparently, they aren't as illegal as some would have me believe, and are even required in some states if you have a disability.  See here:
http://www.suicideknob.net/state_laws.html
-Edvard (March 02, 2013, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have a friend who has a disability and uses crutches to walk. His car has hand controls for the pedals, and the steering wheel includes a knob like that one.

techidave:
I realize that Edvard.  I know my dad had one on his 55 Chevy and had to take it off.  It's quite possible that it was a local law.  Too bad he isn't around to ask.   :(

techidave:
When I worked in the tractor dealership, we sold these

you will notice it doesn't say anything about using them on automobiles.

elvisbrown:
Cash!

We had a few large earthquakes here a year or so back and they knocked out the comm lines so no electronic payments were possible.

Ever left home without your wallet?

You do have a spare door/ignition key wired to the underside of your car?

When you escape naked from the bad guys and get to your car you can get in drive away and stop at the drive-thru for a burger :-)

Curt:
When I worked in the tractor dealership, we sold these. You will notice it doesn't say anything about using them on automobiles.

[ Invalid Attachment ][ Invalid Attachment ][ Invalid Attachment ]-techidave (March 02, 2013, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

My brothers used these with their cars back in the 60s and 70s, but then they were banned (the spinners, not my brothers) by new regulations ("here" in Denmark). I have used spinners "always" because I used to also drive forklift trucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version