ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why a one-room West Virginia library runs a $20,000 Cisco router.

<< < (3/3)

40hz:
I have little patience with the emotionally loaded and frequently manipulative expression: "fair share." Especially when it comes to setting government policies.

I think it might be more constructive if people would focus more on what a responsible level of personal tax contribution should be.

There's far too much emphasis on "human needs" (which are by their very nature boundless) and far too little discussion of personal responsibility and governmental stewardship and accountability as relates to those needs.

Just my :two:

wraith808:
^ That was more my point.

40hz:
@Wraith - Sorry for the grumble. It wasn't directed at you. Truth is, you talk to most people about this and we're all mostly on the same page.

It's only the news media and the politicos that can't seem to get - or even hear - what the rest of us are saying.

Drives me crazy at times... ;D (the forum needs a "screaming" emoticon btw. <*grin*> doesn't quite cover it.)

wraith808:
Some good ones :)

:onfire: :tease: :wallbash:

SeraphimLabs:
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant of the Universe. ~Dr McCoy.

This? Is quite possibly the biggest waste of tax dollars I've seen in a good long while.

Almost as much as all the construction materials thrown away or sold at auction that were ordered for building military bases that didn't get built.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version