topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: PayPal users are frauds :-(  (Read 16146 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PayPal users are frauds :-(
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 04:32 AM »
Late to the fray - again! - but I do have experience/knowledge in this arena.

I was, for a time, involved in the IM arena, where IM represents Internet marketers selling instruction/tools to wannabe Internet marketers.  My clients - ahem! - frequently created chargebacks when they didn't get rich overnight.  Seems their lack of implementing rather simple instructions was my fault.  PayPal suspended my business account twice.  After much groveling & pleading, they did restore it, but after the second time, I decided IM was not a viable vocation/avocation for me.  (After all, it took several years, and professors, for me to learn marketing:  why should I assume that I could pass that on with a few Web tutorials?)

So, I exited that particular business venue and cancelled the business account.  I still use PayPal on a personal level, but that's it.

Point is, nothing I was doing caused the problem.  So I quite understand the lady's fraud allusion.  PayPal makes it too easy for payers, too difficult for payees.  DC's involvement with PayPal is not on that level, so there's naturally been no cause for complaint.  After all, it would be pretty stupid to bitch about a donation, wouldn't it  :-\?  (Not that there aren't a few who would  ;D.)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 09:45 AM »
Late to the fray - again! - but I do have experience/knowledge in this arena.

I was, for a time, involved in the IM arena, where IM represents Internet marketers selling instruction/tools to wannabe Internet marketers.  My clients - ahem! - frequently created chargebacks when they didn't get rich overnight.  Seems their lack of implementing rather simple instructions was my fault.  PayPal suspended my business account twice.  After much groveling & pleading, they did restore it, but after the second time, I decided IM was not a viable vocation/avocation for me.  (After all, it took several years, and professors, for me to learn marketing:  why should I assume that I could pass that on with a few Web tutorials?)

So, I exited that particular business venue and cancelled the business account.  I still use PayPal on a personal level, but that's it.

Point is, nothing I was doing caused the problem.  So I quite understand the lady's fraud allusion.  PayPal makes it too easy for payers, too difficult for payees.  DC's involvement with PayPal is not on that level, so there's naturally been no cause for complaint.  After all, it would be pretty stupid to bitch about a donation, wouldn't it  :-\?  (Not that there aren't a few who would  ;D.)

I have a couple of different elements to reply to here. Going from short to long:

A. The entire Paypal Ecosystem bothers me, so for DC I have used "Kagi", which I picked as a "fairly harmless" processor that hasn't hit my radar for silly games. My payments went through, and that's that. (Isn't it scary that it's too much to ask for a simple business transaction these days with some of the big players!? Instead they keep trying to play an "angle" that really requires users/buyers to be "too educated" to stay out of trouble. (Easy example from another genre - all those install widgets for "semi-essential" services that require you to click "Advanced Install" and then Opt-Out of all kinds of junk!!))

B. "Internet Marketing". That's always a slippery topic, because "How To" materials always skate on slippery lines between being incredible and useless. (And they oscillate REALLY FAST between both extremes!) One way to describe your point is that "why exactly DID it take you all that time to learn marketing!? How come your classes were such "crap" that "you weren't around" for the easy version?" So sometimes even if the raw info is good, sometimes the point of education is that stuff just doesn't sink in to the deep gut level for a LONG time, and the extended duration of the class is about giving the student time to pound on it and thrash around until the "aha moment" clicks, which could be months later. People buying "how-to" documents tend not to want to put that kind of work into it, and then they think they mean well but get stuck, because they don't know that their *learning paradigm* is just wrong.

Addenda:
I believe that in learning, it's important to give the student a couple of "escape hatches" so that if they just want a limited goal to see some progress to believe in themselves, set up a couple of milestones that are easier to achieve. So even if your grand plan works, give them an escape hatch after 20 hours of work, then let them stew on it, and then maybe they'll come back for parts 2,3,4 later when they are ready. If you try to teach "all or nothing" sometimes it gets simplistic and I for one am usually on edge when I see "*this is the greatest* type language because it tends to imply a "shortcut" that the author took to aim for the masses.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 11:04 AM »
Just a tiny observation... Shouldn't the title be more like "Frauds use PayPal"? I use PayPal a lot, and I've never defrauded anyone, though I have suffered a tiny bit.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 12:32 PM »
-both yes and no:

Maybe like this:
too many PayPal users are frauds, she said

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2013, 03:25 AM »
The all new PromptPal 2 is being offered (yesterday and) today via Bits du Jour,
but still no PayPal option for the frauds potential buyers.

51% off: http://www.bitsdujou...m/software/promptpal