ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PayPal users are frauds :-(

<< < (3/6) > >>

app103:
Even if that happened a lot -- i'm not sure how that negatively effects a seller of digital goods -- they don't lose anything and paypal doesn't charge them anything when this happens, so what's the problem?
-mouser (February 25, 2013, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have had this happen to me a few times before and you do lose money.

* Buyer pays with Paypal. (or donates to you)
* Paypal deducts their fee before you get the money.
* Buyer requests refund.
* Paypal refunds the entire amount to the buyer from your account.
* Paypal does not refund you the fee they charged you.
* You lose money on the transaction and Paypal still makes their profit.
* Paypal then warns you not to accept payments from shady sources, claiming if you do it too many times they will cancel your Paypal account. (This is kind of ridiculous on a donation because you can't control who clicks the donate button on your website.)
What's more, sometimes the buyer/donor doesn't request a refund or dispute it. Paypal takes it up on their own to dispute it and refund the money to them, holding the funds for 30 days and not even notifying the buyer/donor about it. And they won't release the funds back to you, even if you notify the buyer/donor and tell them about it and they contact Paypal, scream bloody hell at them and demand they give you the money....that they meant for you to have it.

The first time this happened to me, Paypal lost a customer because they refused to give me the money he donated and charged me for the transaction any way. He was so pissed at them that he closed his Paypal account.

He had never had a Paypal account before and opened one just to be able to donate to me. This botched transaction was his first Paypal experience...and his last.

It was this transaction that lead to me adding a 3rd donating option to my website.

* Donate through Paypal.
* Donate credits through this site.
* Purchase a grocery item from my Amazon Wishlist.

app103:
Oh, by the way, Paypal has provided me with a way to force many companies to accept my Paypal to pay for purchases, including offline purchases. Their Mastercard debit card is great!  :D

mouser:
Hmm.. well that is shady.. paypal should not charge you a fee if they refund the buyer due to no mistake on your part.  

f0dder:
Hmm.. well that is shady.. paypal should not charge you a fee if they refund the buyer due to no mistake on your part.  -mouser (February 25, 2013, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Paypal acting shady is news to you? :P

Renegade:
If you simply suck it up and issue a refund, you only lose that transaction. However, you could end up losing a chargeback fee if you try to hold your ground and lose. It's simply better to suck it up. Whether you're in the right or wrong has little to do with anything, unfortunately. Principles often leave you out of pocket. You can either be less of a victim, or a worse off principled victim. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version